• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Albergue near the Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios in Lamego to be ready in spring, announces mayor

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great news! The next stage from Lamego on the Torres through the terraced vineyards and over the Douro was just amazing. Looking forward to going back on the CPI one day and staying at the albergue!

The mayor of the municipality of Lamego announced today, on television, that the Lamego albergue will be ready in the spring. It is located near the sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios.
If my memory serves me well that is going to be one tough climb at the end of a day's walking.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello @amsimoes
This is good news for this Camino. I have obtained information in recent months about this route, and despite the closures of the Bigorne, Penude and Casa Diocesana de Vila Real hostels, three new hostels will open this year.
The first has already been inaugurated in the village of Moura Morta (between Ribolhos and Bigorne):

As they commented in another thread, in Peso da Regua they are equipping a building for various uses and also as a hostel for pilgrims:

The execution period was quite delayed due to the current pandemic situation, but from Google Street View you can see the advanced work in 2021:

And the last one is in Sabroso de Aguiar (between Vila Pouca de Aguiar and Vidago). It's still a project:

I will keep reporting when there is news.
Greetings.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.