• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Pamplona, and getting to SJPP

Monk Moses

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept. 2014
Hey Camino Gang. There used to be an Albergue in Pamplona that would pick folks us at the airport, put them up for the night then drive them to SJPDP. Is this place still around? Anyone remember the name of it?

Thanks!
Fr. Moses

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey Camino Gang. There used to be an Albergue in Pamplona that would pick folks us at the airport, put them up for the night then drive them to SJPDP. Is this place still around? Anyone remember the name of it?

Thanks!
Fr. Moses
No unfortunately the albergue, Curazon Puro, in Bizkarreta-Gerendiain, not Pamplona, which was run by an Hungarian couple has closed.

It is another pleasure that is now only a happy memory. I stayed in 2013 and 2014; their three course supper was always most savory with native Hungarian spices and their varied conversations were most helpful. ...Good memories of great hosts.

Last edited:
We also stayed with them in 2016. There are apparently other alternative services in Pamplona that will pick up at the airport and train though for transport to SJPDP or Roncesvalles. I think @trecile posted a link recently. Maybe she will repost it here.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think @trecile posted a link recently. Maybe she will repost it here.
Here you go

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It’s not too difficult to catch a bus from Pamplona to SJPdP although more mucking around of course.
Are the buses quite regular? I have been trying to find a timetable but the company that runs the route seems to have had the site taken down and its proving difficult to know the options. Im travelling from Barcelona by Train so making sure connections are available will save me the 130euro taxi!!

Are the buses quite regular? I have been trying to find a timetable but the company that runs the route seems to have had the site taken down and its proving difficult to know the options. Im travelling from Barcelona by Train so making sure connections are available will save me the 130euro taxi!!
Depends on the time of year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
$130 euro?! That's way too much IMO
That is more than flights I took from Santiago to Paris or Madrid. It would actually be cheaper to get a hotel in Pamplona, and take the first bus to Saint Jean in the morning.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It’s not too difficult to catch a bus from Pamplona to SJPdP although more mucking around of course.
save me the 130euro taxi!!

Ussasx ... has a short flight ...........why not extend your camino by a few days?
Sue K S ...... has a long exhausting 24 plus getting to Pamplona , extension possible ?

Has this been considered ....... has it occurred ?
Fly into Pamplona &
1 Walk back along the river to lovely Hotel Akerreta or Larrasoana ..... 12km / 4 hours .
Relax unwind and enjoy the pilgrims company ....have a good sleep.
2 Continue onto Bizkarreta , lovely not often used stop....... 15km
3 Walk the valley to Valcarlos , great village , a hidden gem .............. 22 km
4 Casual stroll in the countryside to StJPP.

Enjoy the day , limbs warmed up and the feel of Camino now known.

Next day straight over the top , without backpack which has been sent to Roncesvalles or Burguete for a few euros .......a luxury you have earned.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back