• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Poladura

Marc S.

Time of past OR future Camino
Some in Spain, Portugal, Germany and Netherlands
For those of you currently walking the Salvador, the albergue in Poladura de Tercia seems
to be closed from March 1 untill March 15 - but maybe a little longer. (my Spanish is very basic so please correct if I misread).

Exciting news. Having stayed there last year, I have to say the place could do with a little renovation.

Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago
shared Jose Antonio Cuñarro's photo.

27 February at 05:24 ·

Jose Antonio CuñarrotoCamino del salvador
26 February at 23:50
·
ATENCION!!!
El albergue de Poladura estará cerrado a partir del 1 de Marzo por reformas, en principio se abrirá el día 15 si el tiempo lo permite, avisaremos cuando las obras hayan terminado y el albergue este abierto.
Gracias a los vecinos de Poladura por dejarnos este albergue y ahora por reformarlo, son geniales a ver si aprenden en otros lugares.
Un saludo

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=984853704938462&id=144756238948217

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is great news. I am hoping to spend a night in Poladura, but I think I'm going to splurge and stay in the Casa Rural, just because Reb and others say such good things about it.

The Spanish phrase "in principio" is a great Spanish phrase. I would translate that roughly as -- well the scheduled date of opening is March 15 but don't get your hopes up. :)

But surely it will be open for the Spanish rush. I wonder if it's Ender and friends (aka the Camino Angels of the Salvador) who are going to do the renovations.

Mostly what that place needs is a bucket of soapy water and some elbow grease!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The place needed more than elbow grease, imo. The fuses popped every time there were more than two things turned on and the hot water tank is about 10 gallons. Probably ok in the Summer but not so great in April. On cold wet days, I do like at least a warm shower.

That said, it was a shelter. With a bed.

Ultreya,
Joe

The place needed more than elbow grease, imo. The fuses popped every time there were more than two things turned on and the hot water tank is about 10 gallons. Probably ok in the Summer but not so great in April. On cold wet days, I do like at least a warm shower.

That said, it was a shelter. With a bed.

Ultreya,
Joe

You were lucky Joel - there were so many of us the night I was there that it did not even provide me with a bed - but there was a spot on the floor;-) And we all passed on the cold showers!!
I totally agree with you that fixing the fuses would be a grand improvement too. So I rephrase my original statement to "to start with this place needs a jolly good scrub".

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I was just in Poladura (but I confess I stayed in the casa rural). I did walk through the albergue and can tell you that Ender and company have improved the bathroom and kitchen. Downstairs is the common room which seems to have a bit of everything. Koilife slept there so he will have a better vantage point from which to report.

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...
I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.