• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Porto

DQuinn

Time of past OR future Camino
August 29 2014
Arriving in Porto on Sep 17th and would appreciate a recommendation for an albergue close to the start of the Caminho.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one in Sra de la Hora is a 2 minute walk from the metro starion of the same name, on the airportline. It is for pilgrims only, so nice and quiet. Also a very traditional type of albergue set up by long time Camino volonteers. Ohine number on the door for you to call upon arrival to find out when they can come open the door. Easy access to the Se cathedral by metro, where you can pick up and stamp a credencial and stset walking towards Matosinhos.

https://www.gronze.com/portugal/oporto/senhora-da-hora/refugio-peregrinos-senhora-da-hora

Albergue has a backyard, modern kitchen, two large individual bathrooms, Aldi grocery store 100m from metro stop.

I really like encouraging those who have helped make the Camino more accessible to the rest of us, in this case a lovely couple, their daughter, and a few other Camino volunteers who give them a hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Arriving in Porto on Sep 17th and would appreciate a recommendation for an albergue close to the start of the Caminho.
My sister and I stayed at The Poets Inn on rua dos Caldeireiros. Very nice albergue with our own room,twin beds AND our own spacious bathroom! our room included breakfast and we had use of the kitchen and dayroom for relaxing. Check them out on Booking.com
The hostess was friendly and helpful in pointing out all the important sites in Porto. We spent 3 days there before beginning our walk which I would suggest as Porto is a beautiful city. So historical.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you this is great. In Porto would you have an albergue that you would recommend. Looking for one that would be clean and safe Appreciate the work you have done and for sharing.

Sadly not - I stayed in the Moov Hotel Porto Centro and wouldn't recommend it due to it's location (many homeless sleep not far from it and it made me a bit unsure). But it is clean and have e good breakfast :)

Sadly not - I stayed in the Moov Hotel Porto Centro and wouldn't recommend it due to it's location (many homeless sleep not far from it and it made me a bit unsure). But it is clean and have e good breakfast :)

Aren't we pilgrims also homeless? At least for a time? Buen Camino, SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've stayed at "YES" hostal twice. Really friendly atmosphere, young crowd, clean and with good security. There's a bar and a big kitchen and a communal meal if you want. It's not far from the metro either.

http://www.yeshostels.com/hostels/porto

I stayed http://www.seminariodevilar.pt.vu/ when I started in Porto last year. Its close to jardins do palacio de cristal.Its a simple but adequate accommodation. The bed is 5 euro and a really good breakfast available in the morning for 3 euro.
Easy access to walk along the river if going by the coast.

I am starting to plan my Camino for next Spring.
I will be staying at Porto for one night at the end of my Camino to catch a flight home the following day.
Here comes my question. Would I be accepted at an Albergue AFTER I have completed the mission.?
I intend to Bus it from Santiago down to Porto and will need somewhere to stay.
All replies gratefully received.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I recommend the Airporto Hostel (a nice punning title) in the Rua da Estrada, about fifteen minutes' walk from the terminal building at the airport. It's a private establishment, so a credencial isn't required to stay there, but in fact most of those who patronise the place are pilgrims beginning or ending their journey. They charge EUR 15 for a bunk in a six-person room, inclusive of a frugal but adequate breakfast. Clean, and the management is helpful and courteous. You could do a great deal worse. The usual booking sites will enable you to make a reservation.

I also recommend the Airporto Hostel. It is perfect if you have a late-arriving flight, or an early-departure one. An easy and safe 10 to 15 minute walk. If you are leaving early there will be a breakfast packet in reception for you, a couple of rolls and a juice or chocolate milk.
Jill

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back