• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Siguiero?

Aidas

Our little group will be walking the Ingles Sept 5 through the 10th. I've scoured through the forum and haven't been able to find any new information regarding the planned albergue in Sigueiro.

Any news? Any suggestions regarding accomodation? I hesitate to have us stay at the Miras as it seems many have had less-than pleasant experiences there.

Thank you!

Aidas

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Our little group will be walking the Ingles Sept 5 through the 10th. I've scoured through the forum and haven't been able to find any new information regarding the planned albergue in Sigueiro.

Any news? Any suggestions regarding accomodation? I hesitate to have us stay at the Miras as it seems many have had less-than pleasant experiences there.

Thank you!

Aidas
Just read the post in the Gronze web. I will be there first week in Oct.

Sigueiro NEEDS an albergue, please!!!! do not forget to visit the public swimming pool too, lovely place.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Thank you!

Aidas
We stayed in Miras this week! They have a new hostel, and I think it is very good! They charge 52€ for a double room with private bathroom and breakfast. It is justa across the street from bar miras, and breakfast is served at the bar. The staff is very friendly!

We stayed in Miras this week! They have a new hostel, and I think it is very good! They charge 52€ for a double room with private bathroom and breakfast. It is justa across the street from bar miras, and breakfast is served at the bar. The staff is very friendly!
Could you clarify something please. Is this a hostal - providing bed linen/blanket/towels or a private albergue requiring a sleeping liner/bag. We will be walking without these to keep weight down and have previously stayed at the old Hostal Miras where we had bedding provided. Thank you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Could you clarify something please. Is this a hostal - providing bed linen/blanket/towels or a private albergue requiring a sleeping liner/bag. We will be walking without these to keep weight down and have previously stayed at the old Hostal Miras where we had bedding provided. Thank you.

I stayed at the new hostel (run by Miras) a couple of weeks ago. A compact small space but very comfortable. Very quiet. Sheets, towels provided as well as a little basket with any toiletries you may need. The staff at the Miras were very kind and breakfast was great.

A couple of km after Sigueiro in Marantes is a very nice hotel called Hotel San Vincente Bookings.com. Right on the Camino with very nice owners and good food Breakfast included. More expensive than the hostels but a nice alternative if Sigueiro is all booked.

Thanks to all. It is the provision of blankets we are concerned about as we will not have bags with us. We are planning on using hostals/pensiones/hotels not albergues. Am I correct in thinking that the Hostal Miras and the Albergue de Delia are 2 seperate places.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks to all. It is the provision of blankets we are concerned about as we will not have bags with us. We are planning on using hostals/pensiones/hotels not albergues. Am I correct in thinking that the Hostal Miras and the Albergue de Delia are 2 seperate places.

Additional clarification about the Miras. There is the original Hostal Miras that has the restaurant on the ground floor (great food!). The people who run the Hostal Miras have also opened a 2nd hostal (Hostal Miras II) in a separate building about a block away. The new place is where we stayed. To secure a room at the new place, you go to the restaurant in the original Hostal. A staff person there takes you to the new place to show you the room, take care of business etc. Breakfast at the restaurant is included in the price. It's a nice location - just beside the river and a little park. The only downside was the difficulty of washing clothes. The sink is very tiny in the room and there really isn't any place to hang your laundry and have it dry by morning.

We have stayed on the old Miras and the additional hostal will be good. Have they closed the old rooms or are they refurbishing them so that there are more bed spaces than before?

We have stayed on the old Miras and the additional hostal will be good. Have they closed the old rooms or are they refurbishing them so that there are more bed spaces than before?

The old rooms are still open. We would have stayed there but it was full when we arrived. I could be wrong but I think we were the first people (and the only people that night) to stay in the new place. The next morning at breakfast, we were asked our opinion of the place because they hadn't had any reports yet. I think there are 12 private rooms at the new place.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back