• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Trabadelos

CirrusTheCloud

Time of past OR future Camino
Upcoming, March 31-May 6 2018
So tonight I'm staying in Albergue Camino y Leyenda... I do not recommend it.
See, it's clean, charming, the owner is very nice, the whole upstairs is the sleeping area, kitchen, sitting area, and bathrooms. Great little place, and I'd love it, if it weren't for the dog.
I'm a little baffled because in no reviews on Google or Facebook did anyone mention it, but when I came in I was greeted by a large, barking dog. Doberman looking and easily taller than me (which isn't hard as I am petite), at first I thought just overly excited. I got my room and went upstairs. When I went out for dinner, all the way from the stairs to the door the dog was growling at me. And I mean growling, and came close but the owner ordered it away. Now I love dogs, but I was more than a little unnerved, since this dog could easily overpower me.
When I came back, the dog didn't leave his owners side at the couch, but growled nonstop and stared at me as I crossed to the stairs. Even with its owner scolding it. I'm kind of afraid to leave tomorrow, and my Spanish is bad so I'm not confident confronting the owner, especially with that dog next to him.
So advice to anyone staying in Trabadelo, Casa Susi seems quite nice, and I think the restaurant right by the bridge (before Casa Susi) also rents beds. Maybe this dog just hates me specifically, but I recommend staying elsewhere unless you like growly dobermans.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That's too bad. We stayed there in the summer of 2016 and I don't remember a dog there. Maybe it is a new addition. Hopefully, she was just dog-sitting for a day or two.

That's too bad. We stayed there in the summer of 2016 and I don't remember a dog there. Maybe it is a new addition. Hopefully, she was just dog-sitting for a day or two.
I'm not good at guessing ages but it seems like a younger dog as far as I can tell.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Casa Susi is wonderful, as is the restaurant at the beginning of the town. Highly recommend both.

I had only had one bad experience with a dog on the Camino. The big dogs never bothered me. But walking into an albergue in one small village, a small dog - without a word of warning - jumped up from the doorway and bit me on the leg. The hospitalera "reassured" me by saying, "I'm sorry. The dog is sick."
I felt so much better, hearing that.

Casa Susie is a year old by now, I stayed there in June this year. It was refurbished by the florist Susie from Sydney who loved the camino so much she bought a 300 yo barn and after many setbacks opened the doors last year. After 3 weeks in walked a Spanish architect Fermin, who has never left. He fell in love with the beautiful Aussie. There's a great meal each night , 12 low level beds & a nice relaxing outdoor area. What a wonderful place to stay. ( no affiliation)
Love

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And a relaxing stream to wade in behind their place. I loved Susie and Fermin. I also enjoyed the ecclectic little restaurant at the beginning of this town, just over the bridge.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.