• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Vega de Ribadesella

peregrina2000

Staff member
I'm reading Maggie's blog from the Norte and noticed that she stopped for a drink at what is now a donativo albergue about 7 km beyond Ribadesella.

The mention of a French owner named Marina made me think -- could this possibly be the same woman who was "my" hospitalera once in Rabanal and once in Miraz? Tiny build, boundless energy?

Has anyone stayed there? Looks like a lovely place, another one of those disappearing communal dinner donativo gems.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Laurie, We stayed there in October – outstanding place. It’s called Albergue Tu Casa and is well named. It is on the right as you enter the village. The owner was taking a break but her friend Christina, the Hospitallera, was a delight. We were welcomed in even though we arrived somewhat ahead of the official opening time of 3:30pm. The place is super friendly and the communal dinner for five was excellent. Staying in this albergue is like being in a private home (similar to Albergue Renecer in La Franca). Seven beds, no bunks. Pretty little village and the beach nearby. All in all about as good as it gets.

Hi Laurie,

I also stayed at Albergue Tu Casa in October with Christina (as Marina was having a break). It was excellent!

And...Christina was hospitalera last year when I was on the Primitivo - she was helping David at Bodenaya. It was so nice to see a familiar face.

All the things Donovan mentioned - a wonderful atmosphere. We called ahead and were able to reserve our beds.

buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We had a lovely coffee on the porch with Marina in May in Playa de Vega. We had left Ribadesella in rain before any cafes had opened so coffee and covered porch was overdue and very appreciated.

Only a short visit but left an impression on us.

Marina is a true camino angel. When I walked the del Norte in May, I arrived in La Vega des Leces in pain around 10 am noticing a sign on the fence of a stone house welcoming pilgrims and offering breakfast with tea or coffee. I knocked upon the door, and Marina opened it, "Oh, you look like you could use some lunch. I was just about to make me a tortilla. Would you like one, too? Please, sit down. ... and while you're waiting, may I offer you a beer ... your leg seems to hurt. I know what you need," and she brought me a bowl of cold water, lots of ice cubes and vinegar. Yeah, she knew abot that from when she used to walk the Camino herself. She introduced herself as an Europan woman having lived in Switzerland, France, Germany and now Spain. It was her ambition to have an albergue in that same house, she just revently had bought. A truly, amazing woman. If her albergue is fully booked, there is a superb little pension, Casa l'Arcu, in town driven by another amazing woman. That village made me recover, and I'm forever grateful ...

I'm reading Maggie's blog from the Norte and noticed that she stopped for a drink at what is now a donativo albergue about 7 km beyond Ribadesella.

The mention of a French owner named Marina made me think -- could this possibly be the same woman who was "my" hospitalera once in Rabanal and once in Miraz? Tiny build, boundless energy?

Has anyone stayed there? Looks like a lovely place, another one of those disappearing communal dinner donativo gems.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back