• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Vila do Conde for sale

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Yes it is the Bellamar, just on the left as you cross the road bridge. I stayed there late last year, 2020..
It's quite a big spread out place with a mix of room types.

Portugal has a "golden passport" program that makes it easy to get residency if you invest a certain amount in real estate. You can get citizenship (and thus EU citizenship) with relaxed rules also. Search golden passport Portugal for information. A lot of the links will be for brokers that can help you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Friends bought a B&B in Sapir do Porto and got the Golden Visa; the minimum investment is 500K euros, and a requirement to learn Portuguese (fair enough). I do not know how well one is expected to be able to speak the language within X amount of time, but they are really, really struggling with the spoken aspects.

Friends bought a B&B in Sapir do Porto and got the Golden Visa; the minimum investment is 500K euros, and a requirement to learn Portuguese (fair enough). I do not know how well one is expected to be able to speak the language within X amount of time, but they are really, really struggling with the spoken aspects.
You have to pass an A2 (elementary) language exam for citizenship, which you can apply for after five years of residency through the Golden Visa program or any other one.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
IIRC we stayed there in 2015. They were a pension, whatever the proper word is in Portugal, and we didn't pay 9 euro a head. They had a washer and a clothesline on a reel. Lovely place. I remember the owners (a family) lived on premises somewhere, too.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
At 9 euros a night for a bunk, in a building that's presumably worth just under 500,000 euros (from the real estate listing), not sure that anyone could make a go of this. The financing costs would be very high.
On the other hand, that's about half the price of an average house in Toronto, which doesn't provide any income at all. Just sayin'.

On the other hand, that's about half the price of an average house in Toronto, which doesn't provide any income at all. Just sayin'.
Very true. Also here in Vancouver. But globally, I think we're kind of outliers.....

....And now, having spent part of a winter in an old Portuguese house, I can attest that the heating costs would be quite a lot higher! I guess okay if you only opened between March and November.

I see that many people are talking positively about this villa. Still, it seems to me that the seller gave too little information. When selling real estate, your clients must get enough information. I bought a house six months ago, and it is pretty hard to find a good house at a reasonable price. After the house was fully in my possession, I went to http://onstage-online.com for a redesign. I was surprised that there was so much space available since the furniture was left.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back