• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue Jésus et Maria in Pamplona

Mariposita

Time of past OR future Camino
JULY (2013)
Hi!

I'm starting my camino on 12th July in Pamplona(I'll arrive to Pamplona on 12th July). I read in one guide (Spanische Jakobsweg) that Albergue Jésus et Maria in Pamplona is closed during 6.-14. July due to Sanferminom.
Is this information right one?
Is it also true that you can't overnight there if you're at the beginnig of the Camino?

! Buen Camino !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Mariposita said:
Hi!

I'm starting my camino on 12th July in Pamplona(I'll arrive to Pamplona on 12th July). I read in one guide (Spanische Jakobsweg) that Albergue Jésus et Maria in Pamplona is closed during 6.-14. July due to Sanferminom.
Is it also true that you can't overnight there if you're at the beginnig of the Camino?

! Buen Camino !

Yes. The dates for San Fermin 2013 are 6 - 14 July. See this web page for more info. >> http://www.sanfermintravelcentral.com/. The Pamplona albergues are closed and hotel prices are sky high. During 'normal' times you can overnight there as you begin your camino.

For space during San Fermin you might continue on to Zariquiegui and stay in this new place which is both private albergue and hostal. They also take reservations.
http://www.laposadadeardogi.com/

Or continue further up over the Alto de Perdon to Uterga for this private albergue and hostal. Here you can also reserve in advance. I have often stayed in their albergue and eaten in the restaurant. All was fine and the showers GREAT.
http://www.caminodelperdon.es/

By the way near Zariquiegui as well as close to Alto de Perdon and Uterga there is much open pasture and woodland. Perhaps ad hoc camping might be considered.

Good luck, watch out for the bulls and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
mspath said:
Mariposita said:
Hi!

! Buen Camino !

Yes. The dates for San Fermin 2013 are 6 - 14 July. See this web page for more info. >> http://www.sanfermintravelcentral.com/. The Pamplona albergues are closed and hotel prices are sky high. During 'normal' times you can overnight there as you begin your camino.

For space during San Fermin you might continue on to Zariquiegui and stay in this new place which is both private albergue and hostal. They also take reservations.
http://www.laposadadeardogi.com/
Or continue further up over the Alto de Perdon to Uterga for this private albergue and hostal. Here you can also reserve in advance. I have often stayed in their albergue and eaten in the restaurant. All was fine and the showers GREAT.
http://www.caminodelperdon.es/
By the way near Zariquiegui as well as close to Alto de Perdon and Uterga there is much open pasture and woodland. Perhaps ad hoc camping might be considered.
Good luck, watch out for the bulls and Buen Camino,
Margaret Meredith
May I correct you Margaret.
All accomodations in and in a circle of around 30km round Pamplona are booked!
I doubt if you will find there a place to sleep. Even the benches in the parks are occupied by drunken Spaniards!
My advice: Stay away from Pamplona and surroundings during the fiesta of San Fermin!!
Buen Camino
Jochen

Jochen-Schmidtke said:
....May I correct you Margaret.
All accomodations in and in a circle of around 30km round Pamplona are booked!
I doubt if you will find there a place to sleep. Even the benches in the parks are occupied by drunken Spaniards!
My advice: Stay away from Pamplona and surroundings during the fiesta of San Fermin!!
Buen Camino
Jochen

Thanks for your update Jochen!

Bulls and crowds are definitely NOT my thing!

Perhaps pilgrims MIGHT avoid the crowded city totally by walking southeast to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues. See them on this Eroski site >> http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./et ... e-la-reina. After Tiebas they could then walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to visit the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to re-join the Camino Frances.

Margaret Meredith

Thank you for all your comprehensive answers :)
Is it better that I start my Camino in Logrono then? or...I'm quite lost, haven't been in Spain yet :oops:

Buen Camino!
Mateja

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Logrono might be a bit of an extreme solution. Just take the bus from Pamplona to Puente. Try to arrive before noon...

falcon269 said:
Logrono might be a bit of an extreme solution. Just take the bus from Pamplona to Puente. Try to arrive before noon...

I can't. My plane lands at 13.15 at the Pamplona airport :? Do I have to book bus tickets in advance?

You are in a bit of a pickle! There is no bus service from the airport to the city, so you will have to take a taxi to the bus station. The buses to Puente are fairly regular, but you will he arriving after all the pilgrims who have scrambled out of Pamplona, so beds may be scarce in the albergues. The last albergue to fill is the one across the bridge and up the hill. They have dinner and breakfast.

An alternative is a hotel. There is the Jakue at the beginning of town, and a place next to it, both a bit of a walk from the bus stop, or the Hotel Rural Bidean in the center of town. Check bookings.com for the rates.

Good luck!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There's still plenty of accommodation to be had according to booking.com

The Albergue Residencia los Abedules is only 1km or so from the airport and is only 60 Euros for the night of 12 July, which would mean you could stay in Pamplona for a night and get a taste of the atmosphere of San Fermin, and bus / walkj the couple ofr kms to pick up the Camino the next morning. http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/res...id=33df51348bce7111e59cc26d1c79cabb9750011aX1(Better book FAST though!)

There is also space at some the places around the university area such as The Bull Run at 60 Euros.

I'm also going to be passing through Pamplona towards the end of San Fermin and have booked the Blanca de Navarra for the night, which is just off the Camino itself, and that also still has rooms.

No need to start from Logrono and miss a lovely stretch.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
THANK YOU to all of you for you quick and helpful suggestions :) I've just booked
Albergue Residencia los Abedules for this critical night.
When I'd booked my flights I'd been more concentrated on the price of the flight and the dates of my holidays. So I didn't check the festivals in Pamplona.

The idea of starting in Roncevalles is intriguing but I don't have enough time to start there (have 30 days but I don't want to exaggerate)

! Buen camino !
Mateja

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back