• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue just opened in/near Segovia!

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have just seen an announcement of the albergue's opening. Here are some details translated from Spanish.

It's in Zamarramala, a few kms beyond the center of the city. 40 beds, terrific view back of the city of Segovia (that is definitely true).

Albergue is called Fuente del Pájaro, located between Calles La Fragua and Real Baja, in the place where the teacher´s house used to be. Two floors -- ground floor has a kitchen-dining room. The kitchen has a microwave, sink and refrigerator. Bathroom for disabled and one room with beds for twenty are also on the ground floor.

On the upper level there are showers-baths, another room with 10 bunks and a common area. There is a big patio with a small porch.

Pilgrims with credential can get the key between 2:30 pm and 10:00 pm. Go to La Postal, La Alcadesa or Méson-Restaurante Alcázar (all three are restaurants) or to the little food shop.

Ok, Annie, I´m expecting you might be one of the albergue´s first guests from this forum, you´ll have to let us know what you think if you stay there. Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Laurie,

Your photos of the Vera Cruz church south of the town of Zamarramala are wonderful! For more about it and other "circular" churches "apparently" built by the Templars see this site Figure 171 and following. Like Eunate and Torres del Rio on the Camino Frances the Vera Cruz church may be based on the plan of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. I must stop at Zamarramala to see the Vera Cruz church next time I'm in Segovia.

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
This is great news!
We planned on spending two nights in Segovia.
We'll keep the hotel the first night and sleep in the albergue the second night.
That will also take 3 k off our trek to Santa Maria next day.
Thanks!

Oh crud!
I just looked at our Segovia reservation and it is nonrefundable, which is why we got a great price of €63 for 2 nights for a double.
If anyone is going to be in Segovia on May 7 and wants to quietly take over our room that night, the price is €31,50 for a double at Hosteria Natura, Colon, 5.
Otherwise, we will at least stop by and take a look at the new albergue.
I'm bummed :(

Hola, Annie, Laurie, et al.. I will be in tow. Leave madrid may 29.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is great news!
We planned on spending two nights in Segovia.
We'll keep the hotel the first night and sleep in the albergue the second night.
That will also take 3 k off our trek to Santa Maria next day.
Thanks!
Exactly my thoughts when reading OP :)
But fortunatelly I reserved for only one night at Duerme Vela Hostal in Segovia for 14€ planning to walk to Zamarramala's refugio at Ermita de San Roque next day late afternoon. But now there's that brand new albergue (thank you @peregrina2000 ) so I guess we'll have to test it. Waiting for your and @jerbear 's report ;)

The albergue is a 5 star. A must stay. The menus due dia, at the la alcalderesa best I have had. A must,in my book

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back