• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

albergue list for camino francés, with camping august 2022

No permission to download
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For those of us non-EU could you explain the column on telephone numbers? I.E. Fix , 9 7 6 etc.
sure.
france:
- 5 as in 559 is an area code for fix phone numbers
- 6 as in 663 is a cell number
- 7 as in 768 is also a cell number
- country code is 33

spain:
- 9 as in 981 is a province code for fix phone numbers
- 8 as in 881 is also a province code for fix phone numbers
- 6 as in 676 is a cell number
- country code is 34

I always put the fix number first (if there is one) because this is very unlikely to change. cells change if owners change or if they change numbers for whatever reason.

hmm. perhaps I should add that somewhere as well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Don't know if this is the right place to post. Just past Albergue Gabino in El Ganso on the same side is a shop. The couple that run it are happy for people to camp in what i guess is the back garden. I've stayed there twice and camped. If you look on Google Maps it says Tea and Coffee, but it's the same place. They also have a bunkhouse type place, but I didn't stay in there, but it looked ok. Cost wise was about 8 euros, but this was a few years back. No idea what it would be now. If you specifically needed to camp for whatever reason, this place is worth considering if you have no time to push on Foncebadon or just want a chilled place to pitch for the night.

It's not in your albergue list.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Caminka,

Thank you SO much for making this resource! I would love to be able to see it, if possible.

I cannot see how to download it - there is no orange download button. Should I give you my contact details? I walked the way 4 years ago and still have my old print out PDF that I was given at the Camino office, but would love to see an updated version, before I go.

Lucy, Devon, UK.

Hi Caminka,

Thank you SO much for making this resource! I would love to be able to see it, if possible.

I cannot see how to download it - there is no orange download button. Should I give you my contact details? I walked the way 4 years ago and still have my old print out PDF that I was given at the Camino office, but would love to see an updated version, before I go.

Lucy, Devon, UK.
thank you!

you should follow the link to the resources page, the download button is there on the top right.

are you in a hurry? I am in the process of updating the document from my may-june camino this year. it should be done next week at the latest.

thank you!

you should follow the link to the resources page, the download button is there on the top right.

are you in a hurry? I am in the process of updating the document from my may-june camino this year. it should be done next week at the latest.
Thank you! Ah, I am leaving tomorrow, although happy up until Sunday. If you have any update by then, that would be amazing! But just happy with what you have here, so thank you. Ill check back and see, over the weekend. Thanks either way! lucy.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you! Ah, I am leaving tomorrow, although happy up until Sunday. If you have any update by then, that would be amazing! But just happy with what you have here, so thank you. Ill check back and see, over the weekend. Thanks either way! lucy.
ah! I am a day late :-/, but here is the updated file.

Attachments

• accommodation FRANCES 2022 aug.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
Wow, thank you SO much. I have been using the last one - which is great. So this updated one is perfect. Just one think I noted, that Im very sad about - is that the amazing Casa Magica in Villatuerta had closed down. It was favourite place, without doubt, when I walked a few years ago. I am also looking online for info on Albergue Sansol (in Sansol!) - and it feels a little strange that there is nothing concrete - no website, no recent comments or reviews etc. I have a phone number, so I will check ahead if they are open, since so many have closed over the past year or two, as I would like to plan that day around stopping there, as it too, is so lovely. Oh and finally - El Cantero hostel in Maneru, is open. You have a '?' against it. Hope this helps! Great to share info etc. Thanks again for this wonderful wonderful resource - it is so appreciated. :)

Wow, thank you SO much. I have been using the last one - which is great. So this updated one is perfect. Just one think I noted, that Im very sad about - is that the amazing Casa Magica in Villatuerta had closed down. It was favourite place, without doubt, when I walked a few years ago. I am also looking online for info on Albergue Sansol (in Sansol!) - and it feels a little strange that there is nothing concrete - no website, no recent comments or reviews etc. I have a phone number, so I will check ahead if they are open, since so many have closed over the past year or two, as I would like to plan that day around stopping there, as it too, is so lovely. Oh and finally - El Cantero hostel in Maneru, is open. You have a '?' against it. Hope this helps! Great to share info etc. Thanks again for this wonderful wonderful resource - it is so appreciated. :)
Ps - I was wrong - Casa Magica looks like it IS open. I am so excited! The last post on their facebook say it is time to close and move on, and their Google Maps entry says 'permanently closed' but there is a new website updates only on Facebook, that suggests it is open. Jubilations!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ps - I was wrong - Casa Magica looks like it IS open. I am so excited! The last post on their facebook say it is time to close and move on, and their Google Maps entry says 'permanently closed' but there is a new website updates only on Facebook, that suggests it is open. Jubilations!
thank you so much for updates! too few people post them.
things were changing a lot in june. many albergues that were still closed in may/june, reopened in july.

casa magica is open, as far as I could verify.

albergue sansol in sansol should be open also. I stayed in albergue karma in sansol, recommended.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.