• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue Los Santos de Maimosa closed till July.

LTfit

Veteran Member
There is another albergue closed along the Plata, not at a great time as it appears busy at the moment.

The municipal albergue in Los Santos de Maimosa is closed until July. A new automated check-in system is being installed so that pilgrims no longer have to pick up the keys.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is another albergue closed along the Plata, not at a great time as it appears busy at the moment.

The municipal albergue in Los Santos de Maimosa is closed until July. A new automated check-in system is being installed so that pilgrims no longer have to pick up the keys.
I am walking the VDPL. I am in Merida. Lovely place. But this camino is busier than I expected. and quite a bit hotter. I have not found accomadation available on 2 nights oyt of 9..

I am walking the VDPL. I am in Merida. Lovely place. But this camino is busier than I expected. and quite a bit hotter. I have not found accomadation available on 2 nights oyt of 9..

It seems this Camino is being discovered, particularly in spring. Most of my autumn Via last year was very solitary - which I loved. But… the distances between towns, availability of services and the high numbers of tourist - particularly over weekends - in the more historic towns like Mérida means a little more planning is required. I had a few times when my planned accommodations were either closed or ‘completo’. I did get into the habit of booking one day ahead, but not always. It was easy with Gronze and email.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back