• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue municipal in Morille

LTfit

Veteran Member
FB_IMG_1503242443708.jpg Just read this post on a reliable Vía de la Plata Facebook page regarding the bar next to the municipal albergue in Morille (before Salamanca):

"EL BAR DE ISA en Morille, cierra sus puertas definitivamente a partir del día 27 de agosto. Por lo que las llaves ya no serán entregadas por Isa, su propietaria y hospitalera del albergue.

A partir de ese día quién desee alojarse en el albergue tendrá que llamar a unos teléfonos indicados en una nota junto a la ventana del albergue."

Bar Isa, owned and run by Isabel Hernández will be closing it's doors as of August 27th. She was also the hospitalera of the municipal albergue next to the bar. In the future pilgrims will have to call a telephone number posted on the door of the albergue.

Isa does not yet know who will be responsible for the Albergue but will post the information when it becomes available. There is no mention of someone taking over the bar.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That's sad, I've stayed there a couple of times and was hopeful to this November. It was small but I never had to share it, and it's a bit closer to Salamanca than San Pedro de Los Rozados. And the food in the bar Isa was good too.

That's sad, I've stayed there a couple of times and was hopeful to this November. It was small but I never had to share it, and it's a bit closer to Salamanca than San Pedro de Los Rozados. And the food in the bar Isa was good too.

I agree Alan, I've done both ways and actually like staying in Morille more than in S.P. de Los Rozados. Unless someone decides to eventually take over the bar, one will now have to buy food in Fuenterroble.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Alan please keep us posted regarding this albergue. I'm walking the VldP in April next year and would like to stay there.

Does anyone know how someone with a euro
Passport but not Spanish could take over one of these albergues and bars that are closing down?

Does anyone know how someone with a euro
Passport but not Spanish could take over one of these albergues and bars that are closing down?
I don't think it's a very complicated. It's all connected to paying taxes, so the Spain isn't interested who is paying them as long as they are paid. Few years ago I remember there was a rule of reciprocity for buying houses etc. in EU (or was that only for new EU countries???). So if you were French wanting to buy in Spain you would have to be in the number of Spaniards that bought something in France. Makes sense? But I don't think that's still the case. Renting is of course something completely different and I'd say easier to do. Don't know about the albergue though.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back