• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue near Pamplona Bus Station

Time of past OR future Camino
2010, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2024
I will be arriving by bus in Pamplona on March 30 from Madrid, after a long flight from California. I will be picked up by Caroline of Express Bourricot at the bus station in Pamplona the following day to go to SJPDP. Due to lack of sleep and jet lag, I would like to stay at the albergue nearest to the bus station. In looking over the map, it looks like Jesus y Maria is the nearest one. Is this correct? When can I check in and when do I need to check out? I will not be picked up by Caroline until 4 p.m. Once again, thank you all on the forum for the information that I have received in preparation for the Camino. I think this is one of the last questions that I have before leaving.

Buen Camino,

Hieu

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Hieu,

The albergue is not far away at all, less than a kilometre from busstation. Paderborn, the other one is more out of the direction.
http://nl-be.mappy.com/itinerary#d%5B%5 ... =m&ipv=ped

Don't know what time you arrive but take into consideration that albergues normally close at ten and will want you to leave at eight in the morning.

If you prefer a hostal tell me and I will give you some suggestions.
Like this one...42 € for a single, close to station...
http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hostal- ... d3a6991X19

Take care.

Hello from Pamplona, where I´m living.-
El Albergue de Pamplona--Jesús y Maria NO está lejos de la Bus Station.-
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmi.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you Javier and Sabine! Once again, this forum is fantastic. Muchas gracias! -Hieu
Hi Hieu,

I hope your pilgrimage was wonderful! I'm following in your footsteps.

I am traveling from SFO to Madrid this April. I am planning, like you did, to travel to Pamplona from Madrid.
- How did your travels go?
- How were factors such as bus (vs train), jet lag, hostel versus albergue?

For the Pamplona to SJPP portion, I have found a hostel, http://www.corazonpuro.es/, that will pick up pilgrims in Pamplona, feed them dinner, house them, give them breakfast the next morning, and give them a ride to SJPP.
- What do you think of that?
- How did Caroline of Express Bourricot work out for Pamplona to SJPP?
- Did arrival time in SJPP play a role in your evening and the start of your walk?

Thank you in advance for your answers! Grateful for any wisdom you can share :)
-Theresa

I'm not Hieu but I can answer some of your questions.

The bus service from Madrid to Pamplona is simple.
There are many buses from T4 in Madrid to Pamplona all day long.
http://caminosantiago2.blogspot.com/2013/12/getting-from-madrid-to-pamplona-and.html

There are some good threads on here about CorazonPuro. Most people have really enjoyed their service.

Carolyn is no longer transporting clients from Spain to France.
There were problems legally and with the Pamplona Taxi Companies.
I suggest you email Maripi Taxi Company and ask them the fare to SJPP:
maripi@sanfermingrupo.com

Here are the prices for a taxi that will hold 8 pilgrims last year.
This is a "per taxi" cost so if you can find others, you can share the cost:

Cada servicio de taxi (entre 1 y 8 pax) entre Pamplona y Saint Jean Pied de Port tiene el siguiente coste:

- De lunes a viernes en horario de 06:00 a 22:00 horas 96,00 euros

- De lunes a viernes en horario de 22:00 a 06:00 horas 120,00 euros

- Sábados, Domingos y festivos 120,00 euros

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Annie! Thank you so much; you are a wealth of knowledge!

Last edited:
Hi Hieu,

I hope your pilgrimage was wonderful! I'm following in your footsteps.

I am traveling from SFO to Madrid this April. I am planning, like you did, to travel to Pamplona from Madrid.
- How did your travels go?
- How were factors such as bus (vs train), jet lag, hostel versus albergue?

For the Pamplona to SJPP portion, I have found a hostel, http://www.corazonpuro.es/, that will pick up pilgrims in Pamplona, feed them dinner, house them, give them breakfast the next morning, and give them a ride to SJPP.
- What do you think of that?
- How did Caroline of Express Bourricot work out for Pamplona to SJPP?
- Did arrival time in SJPP play a role in your evening and the start of your walk?

Thank you in advance for your answers! Grateful for any wisdom you can share :)
-Theresa

T-Rex,
I have the same plan in Sept. of this year. If you get a chance please let me know how your start unfolds.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello everyone! Could you please tell me what's the address of Jesus y Marian albergue? And do you think it's necessary to make the reservation in there? I will arrive on 20th March. Many thanks .))

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Annie is a camino veteran. I've seen her posts on just about every camino subject. Just want to take this opportunity to again say "Thanks" to Annie and "Buen camino" to T-Rex and taozenqi. -Hieu
Thank you! I just saw this today :)

Janika, I'm not sure if they take reservations but I bet there will be plenty of beds available. Paderborn is another wonderful albergue within walking distance from the bus station but there, you must arrive early in order to get a bed, depending on the time of year. And if for some weird reason you do not get a bed at one of the albergues, Pamplona is chock full of places to sleep. If you want to make reservations at a private lodging, try booking.com

Hello from Pamplona, where I´m living.-
El Albergue de Pamplona--Jesús y Maria NO está lejos de la Bus Station.-
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmi.jpg

Hi Camino Friends, I am on a similar situation. Since my flight to Madrid arrives at 14:20 the next bus to Pamplona I can get leaves at 16:00 arriving at 21:50. Is this too late to get in the Albergue Jesus y Maria? Do I need some kind of documentation as a Pilgrim in order to be accepted in the Albergue? If so, I can stay in Madrid some place close to the bus station in Av America and get the bus to Pamplona early next day. Your words of wisdom are appreciated.

Hi Hieu,

The albergue is not far away at all, less than a kilometre from busstation. Paderborn, the other one is more out of the direction.
http://nl-be.mappy.com/itinerary#d%5B%5 ... =m&ipv=ped

Don't know what time you arrive but take into consideration that albergues normally close at ten and will want you to leave at eight in the morning.

If you prefer a hostal tell me and I will give you some suggestions.
Like this one...42 € for a single, close to station...
http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hostal- ... d3a6991X19

Take care.

Does Hostel Navarra stamp your passport?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back