• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Albergue openings — Camino del Norte — Summer 2020

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@peregrina2000 Is it possible that each of these threads could be in one subforum, rather than in the individual Camino subforums? I administer a couple of Camino FB groups, and I'd like to be able to point pilgrims to a single link.
If it's not possible to do I understand.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Let’s try to keep separate threads with all the news about albergue openings. Thanks to @Isca-camigo for another great bit of info.

View attachment 76456
Hi all,
Could someone please explain this list? Is it all of the albergues that are open now, or what? I'm asking for a friend who is considering walking the del norte this summer.
Thanks!
Josh

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Josh it's a partial list, it covers the Camino from near Vilavicioasa which is about 50km Oviedo or 30km before Gijon, I can't say about other albergues on the sections before. If I see any more albergues open then I will post them on here. The Basque associations are deciding whether they should open their places or not, they are run by volunteers so it is a difficult question for them. Wise pilgrim guides are updating lists for the Norte, a link was posted on the forum last night.

Buen Camino

Great! I set off soon, thank you to all of you for the great work you're doing. Is this the best location for updates on any newly opening Albergues?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great! I set off soon, thank you to all of you for the great work you're doing. Is this the best location for updates on any newly opening Albergues?
You should also pay attention to the albergues that are closing in response to a new outbreak. See this thread.

I would not plan to get the information here on the forum, though a lot of up to date information is posted. Things are changing and will probably continue to change rapidly in response to specific outbreaks. My advice would be to be prepared for anything, including change of itinerary and possible quarantine! Buen camino, Laurie

Hello, have you a completed list of the albergue on the camino del norte please ?
Thanks
Sorry for my bad englisch.

Albergue open this summer 2020, sorry.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My friend posted a picture of the reorganization of the sleeping arrangements in Pedro Solis in Aviles. I can't post it here but I will try and describe it. Imagine you have 3 bunk beds in a row, on the two outer ones you can only sleep on the bottom mattress, in the middle bunk bed it is only on the top mattress. The beds seem to have at least a metre between them, possibly more. That reconfiguration has possibly been repeated through out the dorm room.

He reported back from Muros last night, I'm not sure what Albergue he stayed in but it was a full dorm with no distancing arrangements, top and bottom bunks full. He was the oldest there being in his mid 30's the rest were young Spanish couples or groups.
Albergue owners may be findinding it hard but they are potentially making it harder for themselves by having full dorms, this virus does not need much of an invitation for it be merrily going on its way.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Are most public albergues shut? I wanted to start from Irún but the public peregrino hostel is shut. What are other alternatives? Is it a good idea to bring a tent? Thanks in advance!

Are most public albergues shut? I wanted to start from Irún but the public peregrino hostel is shut. What are other alternatives? Is it a good idea to bring a tent? Thanks in advance!
I believe that the municipal albergues in Basque Country are closed. Check the Wise Pilgrim website for up to date information.

Hello, I had the idea of making the camino del Norte, but after contacting the different tourist offices, I learned that in the Basque country all albergues would be closed, in Cantabria, Asturias and Galicia i 've had the info that a good number was open with fewer places and several small constraints, such as the suppressed breakfast, or no kitchen at all. The associations of Saint-James in the regions have confirmed the same to me, so to think about it it will be for next year, but next year it will be relatively difficult if everyone leaves on the way to Saint-James as well as those who carried over to next year.
Good luck on the Chemin du Norte.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Apologies for my questions but which camino do you guys think would be best to do this year? I am eager to go out into the nature but aware of the constraints. I am based in Madrid so can move quite easily. I was thinking perhaps Camino Portugues as it seems that the situation is more chill there? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi! Hola! (también hablo español) I just found this forum and am so grateful. I am flying to Irun (biarritz and then crossing over) on Wednesday this week (august 19). My plan is to follow the northern route and then change to primitivo. Following info from the correo del camino website both routes are open, but then I found this forum and there is so much more being shared. The info in these threads about the albergues openings is now a few months old, so I was wondering if there is up to date status? In particular, there is talk that the basque region might declare a state of emergency and impose greater restrictions.
Do you think it might be a safer decision to choose the frances? Thank you in advance for any information you can share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back