• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue or pilgrim friendly lodging near Pamplona bus stati

cdoug1946

My daughter and friend are staying over in Pamplona one night before they continue on the bus the next day to st jean. Does anyone know of a nice alburgue or reasonably priced pilgrim friendly hotel near the bus station and how do they get to it. Their first time in Europe and although one speaks Latin amer Spanish I worry about taxi ripoffs etc. during these hard times. Thanks so much

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Bus station is almost in the centre of town - just a short walk from the main plaza.
In Calle San Nicolas (off the plaza) there are dozens of places advertising rooms, albergues, hostales, hotels etc. Do a search "Pamplona San Nicolas' and I'm sure you'll find lots of places for them to stay.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be arriving to Pamplona either on sunday night (in July) at 22:44 with the last train from barcelona or monday early in the morning at 04:00 with the last bus. Do you know if I'll be able to find accomodation at that time or I'll be on my own on the streets until something opens the next day?!? :(((

In an earlier post you mention arriving in Pamplona on 6 July. Since this year's San Fermin festival in Pamplona begins July 6 finding ANY accommodation in town will be almost impossible.

Good luck and Buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This hotel is very near the bus station, very nice, and not too expensive:

http://www.hotel3reyes.com/?lang=en
Thank you so much for that information but 319€ is WAY too expencive for me (read it's half of my monthly salary) and I'm doing a Camino on a budget. 300€ would be allowance for almost 10 days on a camino not one night in a 4 star hotel. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the advice but it's just too expensive for me :(

In an earlier post you mention arriving in Pamplona on 6 July. Since this year's St Fermin festival in Pamplona begins July 6 finding ANY accommodation in town will be almost impossible.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Yes I have read that just 5 minutes ago. I didn't know San Fermin starts on that particular date. But I couldn't have planned my camino (that includes buying my plane ticket) at a different time because of my work and when I was able to take vacation. Nothing seems to be working my way, but will have to keep my faith that something will come up and everything will be ok...somehow... :-/

If you arrived on the 04:00 bus dawn will soon break. You might continue walking through the early morning streets of Pamplona to some spot further west such as Cizur Menor. Check www.Gronze.com for some additional locations.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you arrived on the 04:00 bus you dawn will soon break. You might continue walkin through the early morning streets of Pamplona to some spot further west such as Cizur Menor. Check www.Gronze.com for some additional locations.

Thank you so much. I'll look into it right now ;)

Yes I have read that just 5 minutes ago. I didn't know San Fermin starts on that particular date. But I couldn't have planned my camino (that includes buying my plane ticket) at a different time because of my work and when I was able to take vacation. Nothing seems to be working my way, but will have to keep my faith that something will come up and everything will be ok...somehow... :-/
Hola!
At the moment I can't find any accomodation in Pamplona for one night on given date for less than 275€. It's crazy time because of San Fermin. I would follow @mspath advice and just start walking from train station to the center through the drunken remains of the evening crowds, find the Camino signs and get as far as I could from Pamplona that day ;)

The nearest albergue (2 in fact) is in Cizur Menor, just an hour walk from Pamplona center:
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-frances/etapas/etapa-3-larrasona-cizur-menor
And in next 20kms (some of that distance can be walked even with the worst jetlag) another 12 albergues:
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-frances/etapas/etapa-4-cizur-menor-puente-la-reina

I always walk on budget and wish you very nice Camino!

Ultreia!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
@Barbara95hr
I forgot to mention (if you don't know yet) that you can make reservation in private albergues. I would do that as soon as knowing exact date.

Another option is to continue on to Irun and walk on the Camino Vasco del Interior. Bypass Pamplona.

Link to forum discussion here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-vasco-del-interior.57/

Hola!
At the moment I can't find any accomodation in Pamplona for one night on given date for less than 275€. It's crazy time because of San Fermin. I would follow @mspath advice and just start walking from train station to the center through the drunken remains of the evening crowds, find the Camino signs and get as far as I could from Pamplona that day ;)

The nearest albergue (2 in fact) is in Cizur Menor, just an hour walk from Pamplona center:
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-frances/etapas/etapa-3-larrasona-cizur-menor
And in next 20kms (some of that distance can be walked even with the worst jetlag) another 12 albergues:
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-frances/etapas/etapa-4-cizur-menor-puente-la-reina

I always walk on budget and wish you very nice Camino!

Ultreia!

Oh my God THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking effort into trying to help me. I'm so happy to see how this community is thoughtful. Wow!!!
I will look into the links you had sent me.
Now I have just one more question about San Fermin and Pamplona. Are all the advice to stay away from Pamplona because of the crowd and just the fact it's going to be to loud and packed (drunk people etc.) or is it also because Pamplona is unsafe at that time?!? (As in lot of thieves, harassment etc.). I'm a young female traveling on my own and after the threads past two weeks (on harassment) I think it's understandable I worry a bit. Not to much of course as most of my travelings so fare have been done solo. But one can never be too caucus. And since all of you have been so helpful with advice I was hoping to get this answer as well.
I was hoping to stay in Pamplona till Monday morning, go to caminoteca to buy few things, get Spanish SIM card and then catch the first bus for SJPdP
(At 11 or 12)
Thank you once again for all your help :)))
You guys are awesome

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh my God THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking effort into trying to help me. I'm so happy to see how this community is thoughtful. Wow!!!
Now I have just one more question about San Fermin and Pamplona. Are all the advice to stay away from Pamplona because of the crowd and just the fact it's going to be to loud and packed (drunk people etc.) or is it also because Pamplona is unsafe at that time?!? (As in lot of thieves, harassment etc.). I'm a young female traveling on my own and after the threads past two weeks (on harassment) I think it's understandable I worry a bit. Not to much of course as most of my travelings so fare have been done solo. But one can never be too caucus. And since all of you have been so helpful with advice I was hoping to get this answer as well.
I was hoping to stay in Pamplona till Monday morning, go to caminoteca to buy few things, get Spanish SIM card and then catch the first bus for SJPdP
(At 11 or 12)
You guys are awesome
If you've been participating/visiting the carnival or such an event than you know what to expect regarding harrasment, thefts etc. There's no difference I guess when lots of people are gathered on one place.

But if you want to get to SJPdP that's another thing. And if you have the wish or need to be in Pamplona to Monday than make reservation this minute :)

(At 11 or 12)
You guys are awesome

The advice is all about scarcity and cost of accommodation.

If your plan is to go to SJPdP ... consider taking SNCF train from Barcelona to Toulouse to Bayonne and finally to SJPdP.

You could consider stopping in Zaragosa for the night then travelling onward to Pamplona in the AM and catch a bus to SJPdP the same day.

Of course you'll still have to deal with San Fermin when you walk through Pamplona.

SNCF
http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The well-behaved part of spraying wine before everyone is drunk. Then you have to use your imagination!

1404641764818.jpg

Fellow peregrinos. As some of you are aware I was trying to find accommodation in albuergues in Pamplona on July 5th-6th since I will be arriving pretty late (either at 22:00h or next day in the morning at 04:00h). Some of you have suggested Albergue De Jesus y Maria. I have emailed them and this is their response:
"Good morning we close the hostel from 5 to July 14.
a greeting"

This is a note for peregrinos who might be on the Camino in that period so they know not to look for accommodation there since they will be closed. So you don't walk there in vain. Also a lot of other albuergues are either full or won't charge you regular price but much higher. I have also emailed all the other Pamplona albergues from the list and I'm waiting for their reply. I will let everyone know if some of them are closed too. Maybe it would be best to avoid Pamplona and keep walking to another town or take alternative route like someone suggested here before.
Hope this info helps ;)

€149,-

Hi, if you are trying to get from Barcelona to SJPDP, instead of getting the train to Pamplona and being caught up in the festival, you could maybe check out getting a flight from Barcelona to San Sebastian, and then a bus via Bayonne to SJPDP. Rome to Rio (http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Barcelona/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port) calculates that will cost in the region of 63 euros to 170 euros. Jill

Hi, if you are trying to get from Barcelona to SJPDP, instead of getting the train to Pamplona and being caught up in the festival, you could maybe check out getting a flight from Barcelona to San Sebastian, and then a bus via Bayonne to SJPDP. Rome to Rio (http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Barcelona/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port) calculates that will cost in the region of 63 euros to 170 euros. Jill

Thank you so much for the advice. I have checked that site already, with all possible flights (san sebastian, bilbao, biarritz,) and there are either no flights on the same day after my arrival to barcelona (17:30) or they are super expensive (3 times more the cost than my flight to barca) or they have overlays so my flight would last almost another day and a half.....trust me I have tried EVERYTHING and I'm stuck!!! It's just the way it is. I didn't know about san fermin, but even if I did I still wouldn't be able to get the ticket on another day cause I work before that and a day after also wasn't an option and thats just loosing way too many days for my camino. I have to back to work as well...

I really appreciate everyone's advice. sadly none of it works for me...but keep bringing them on, you never know what l might have missed ;)

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back