• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue Palacio Grajal de Campos

J2j

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2023
I expected to finish my Camino de Madrid today but ~5km from Sahagún I spied a castle and made a side trip to Grajal de Campos and discovered that the town has a lovely albergue in a 16th Century palace. Sahagún can wait a day. This was my first Camino and a great and enjoyable experience.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Congratulations @J2j Camino de Madrid is a wonderful path, and not walked by many, especially as a first camino. Well done. 👍😎❤️

We hope to walk the Madrid away again - when we do, I will remember your recommendation for the albergue in Grajal de Campos. Thank you. Gracias 🙏

I expected to finish my Camino de Madrid today but ~5km from Sahagún I spied a castle and made a side trip to Grajal de Campos and discovered that the town has a lovely albergue in a 16th Century palace. Sahagún can wait a day. This was my first Camino and a great and enjoyable experience.

I remember that the word was that the albergue part is actually in the former dungeon, but don’t know if that’s true. Tell us more about the albergue! You can find threads here going back at least a decade filled with reports on the many fits and starts of the albergue process. Looks like it is definitively OPEN!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I remember that the word was that the albergue part is actually in the former dungeon, but don’t know if that’s true. Tell us more about the albergue! You can find threads here going back at least a decade filled with reports on the many fits and starts of the albergue process. Looks like it is definitively OPEN!
The docent said it was the palace’s food storage. Also the docent, who speaks very good English, is at the albergue until 1900 Wednesday - Sunday and assistance can otherwise be reached via telephone. There are two restaurants and a well supplied grocery store. The tour of the palace, castle and church were alone worth staying over. Another plus is that the beds are large, firm and new.

Last edited:
The docent said it was the palace’s food storage. Also the docent, who speaks very good English, is at the albergue until 1900 Wednesday - Sunday and assistance can otherwise be reached via telephone. There are two restaurants and a well supplied grocery store. The tour of the palace, castle and church were alone worth staying over. Another plus is that the beds are large, firm and new.
I am so excited. I plan to stay/stop there in May. Thanks for all the intel. Mel

Beautiful albergue, stayed there alone i may 2019. Newley renovated. Aproxx 15 bunkbeds in a row in a stonewalled “hallway” on ground floor. No dundgeon.
The day I was there, the restaurant was closed, but I managed to get a sandwich at the bar. Very quiet place saw almost none.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’m there right now! There is a fiesta in the pueblo and the bar is packed. Music. A competition for the best version of garbanzos with pigs ears. People selling stuff. And even more amazing- a bit or rain (definitely not enough).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.