• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Complete list of albergues on Camino de Levante and their current status

Madrood

Time of past OR future Camino
Estrecho (2023)
I had a go at coming up with a complete list of albergues on this camino; there a few places though with an uncertain status.
  • Is the albergue in Canals still unavailable?
  • caminosantiago.org lists a municipal reception in Quintanar de la Orden, but it isn't listed on vieiragrino.com. Does it exist?
  • They also list a municipal albergue in La Villa de Don Fadrique which is also missing from vieiragrino.com.
  • Albergue “La Pizarra” in Cebreros is listed as temporarily closed on vieiragrino; is this still the case?
  • Does the "Next opening Municipal pilgrim hostel “Condes de Requena”" in Toro have an expected opening date?

AlbergueDistance
Valencia0
Algemesix38
La Poblax15.3
Xatvia15.1
Canals?8.1
Moixentx19.8
La Fontx17.6
Almansax27.6
Alpera (Lana)xhalf?
Higueruelax38.4
Hoya Gonzalox11
Chincillax17.8
Albacente16
La Gineta20.1
La Rodax20.3
Minaya15.9
CASAS DE LOS PINOS8.5
San Clementx10.1
Las Pesdronerasx23.7
Mota del Cuervo19.6
El Toboso?11.6
PUEBLA DE ALMORADIELx17.6
VILLA DE DON FADRIQUE?9.4
Tembleque29.1
Mora25
Toledo39.5
Torrijosx33.8
Escalonax24.5
San Martin31.1
Cebreros?14.2
San Bx14.9
Avilax22.3
Gotarrendurax22.4
Arevalox27.4
Medinax34
NAVA DEL REYx15.1
Siete Iglesiasx10.4
Castrox8.6
Toro?21
Villalazanx18.6
Zamorax17.7

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great list, I’m assuming you got a lot of your information from the very detailed Amigos guide, which has an English version. (

I walked the Levante years ago but have been surprised by the increase in the number of albergues, even though there seems to be no increase in pilgrims!

They also list a municipal albergue in La Villa de Don Fadrique which is also missing from vieiragrino.com.
When I walked, there was no albergue, it was a few mats in the polideportivo. I went for the casa rural with its quirky and overly fussy owner, El Rincón del Infante. Very comfortable and great “tapas” plate at night and breakfast in the morning.

Gronze has a partial list from 2017, probably not too helpful now.
Does the "Next opening Municipal pilgrim hostel “Condes de Requena”" in Toro have an expected opening date?

I had seen press reports of an albergue in Toro (now that the Pensión Zamora is closed, it is a town with no pilgrim budget places), but this was pre-Covid. A quick google search shows no updates that I’ve been able to find. You could call the Ayuntamiento.

Or better yet, I would contact the Valencia association with all of these questions. @JLWV is a member of the forum and an active member of the association. He has given lots of help over the years.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Great list, I’m assuming you got a lot of your information from the very detailed Amigos guide, which has an English version.
Mostly from there but also cross referenced with the virtual camino and other notes from people here. Btw something I didn't see mentioned in that virtual walk is that Casa Rural Alvaro de Luna in San Martin (no albergue) now offers a pilgrim price of €29.

When I walked, there was no albergue, it was a few mats in the polideportivo.

Thanks, I'll add that to my sheet. I took it to mean that 'municipal reception/welcome' usually means mats on the ground, while 'municipal albergue' usually means mattresses on a bed (or concrete slab) and the one in Don F is described as an albergue.

I would contact the Valencia association with all of these questions
I will this week, I wanted to see if any walkers could chime in too.

Reply from the amigo association:

Canals albergue still unavailable
Cebreros albegue still closed
Toro albergue has not started the works (so not opening anytime soon)
Hostal Zamora in Toro also closed (don't think this is recent).

Hi Jean-Luc is there an updated list of albergues/accommodation on the Levante? I walked this Camino in 2019 and missed one/two sections due to injure and would like to walk it again next year. I did not start in Valencia due to the poor remarks about the road walking and started in Albacete. I think that this is a wonderful Camino in true Man of La Mancha spirit and that if pilgrims are considering walking it they should do some research beforehand.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Jean-Luc is there an updated list of albergues/accommodation on the Levante? I walked this Camino in 2019 and missed one/two sections due to injure and would like to walk it again next year. I did not start in Valencia due to the poor remarks about the road walking and started in Albacete. I think that this is a wonderful Camino in true Man of La Mancha spirit and that if pilgrims are considering walking it they should do some research beforehand.
Hi @handzondeck2
Check their site / linked below in English.
You’ll find an email address there to send quieries to the amigos.
I’ve only done from Toledo to Zamora. I think it’s a terrific route.

Buen camino

Hi OzAnnie. I agree it's a fantastic route. Thanks for the info.

Hi all, I asked the amigos if there have been any changes regarding Toro, Cerebros, and Canals:

At the moment, almost everything remains the same,
In Canals, we recommend you go to the Local Police and in Cebreros, the Town Hall leaves an alternative site.

In Toro, we don't think they have done anything.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back