• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue recommendation pls

FionaLucy

I promise to stay true to my Butterfly....
Time of past OR future Camino
April 2016
June 2016
August 2016
September 2016
October 2016
April 2017
Hi, could anyone recommend an albergue or accommodation half way between Roxos and Dumbria please? Obviously not Negreira because of the bed bug situation. I'm struggling to find anywhere for the might of the 29th Dec. Thanks in advance!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am not sure if it is the case now, but when I walked this February everything between Negreira and Olveiroa was closed, so the stages were pretty much obligatory. Have you looked at booking for a pension/hostal in Negreira? BC SY

There are also private Albergues at Negreira, A Pena, Vilaserío and Sta. Marina, which enable you to split the stage to Dumbria, which is about 10 km behind Olveiroa.
Some of them state that they are open all year but in low season they ask you for a reservation. So better check out in advance.

The various Options are linked at Gronze: Gronze - Accomodation between Negreira and Olveiroa

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My preferred stages to Dumbria are Santiago to Vilaserio (two very nice albergues there, one in an old stone farmhouse, Casa Vella; one in a modern building, O Rueiro, and there is also a basic municipal albergue), then Vilaserio to Dumbría, and then into Muxia. But @SYates’ word of caution is a good one. I have a vague memory that O Rueiro in Vilaserio will open for you in winter (they own the restaurant bar next door) but there may not be any heat. Did @mspath perhaps have that experience once?

Albergue/Pensión San José in Negreira is open by reservation only, as isAlbergue El Carmen .

Casa Pepa in Santa Mariña is open.

My stages from Santiago to Muxía were

Santiago - Negreira 20.47
Negreira - Santa Mariña 21.28 km
Santa Mariña - Dumbría 22.43 km
Dumbria - Muxía 22.04 22.04
Hi there, i am planning the same stages for May 2020. So far I have been good for finding accomodations that will take my backback in advance (health issue). However, I didn’t find anything yet for Dumbria. I am aware of the municipal albergue which seems quite something but I wonder if I can have my mochila send there without any problem. If I may ask, where did you stay in Dumbria. Thanks

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi there, i am planning the same stages for May 2020. So far I have been good for finding accomodations that will take my backback in advance (health issue). However, I didn’t find anything yet for Dumbria. I am aware of the municipal albergue which seems quite something but I wonder if I can have my mochila send there without any problem. If I may ask, where did you stay in Dumbria. Thanks

Hi, we are planning on staying in Dumbria on 15th July 2020 and hopefully will be able to stay in the Albergue.
Correos will deliver backpacks to this Albergue and we will be using this service.
It is also mentioned on Gronze.
The following is taken from the EL CAMINO DE SANTIAGO CON CORREOS website for Hostels in Dumbria:

Albergue Público de Peregrinos de Dumbría
Dumbría s/n (junto al campo de fútbol)
15151 Dumbría, A Coruña

+34 981 744 001
Capacity: 26
Shared room
KitchenLaundry serviceBicycle parking

Hope this helps.

Regards, Anne & Pat

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back