• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue - reservation necessary?

avin83

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to do Camino Portugues
Hello! :)

I am leaving tomorrow for my first camino (Camino Portugal - Seaside route or Senda Litoral). I have gathered accommodation information from various sources (CSJ book, spreadsheet etc). I prefer to stay in albergue as possible. wondering whether reservations are necessary for this less common route.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello! :)

I am leaving tomorrow for my first camino (Camino Portugal - Seaside route or Senda Litoral). I have gathered accommodation information from various sources (CSJ book, spreadsheet etc). I prefer to stay in albergue as possible. wondering whether reservations are necessary for this less common route.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! :)
Hmm. Assuming you're starting in Porto/Matosinhos, there may be some shortage of albergues going that way. Though we only did the beach to Vila do Conde, and we stayed at a pension there. I'm not sure if there is an albergue there. The next day we went more inland. Perhaps if you look in the threads about the Camino Portugues there will be more info for you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hmm. Assuming you're starting in Porto/Matosinhos, there may be some shortage of albergues going that way. Though we only did the beach to Vila do Conde, and we stayed at a pension there. I'm not sure if there is an albergue there. The next day we went more inland. Perhaps if you look in the threads about the Camino Portugues there will be more info for you.

Yes, I will be walking from Porto and searched the CP coast route subforums - And there aren't many comments about the availability of albergue/accommodation for the routes.

Book for the first night or two, you will then get a sense of how busy things are and if you need to keep booking.

Sounds like a solid advice. Don't want to get stressed by not finding albergues for the first couple of days :)

The only albergue I would book at is Casa Fernanda, which is very popular due to it's great ambience, wonderful meals (communal) and generous hosts. If you plan to not arrive late, you should not need to book at other alberues

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you all :) I am at 2nd day of camino and (Santa clara albergue at Vila do Conde) so far so good. No reservations were needed.

I might have to consider reservation when I reach Spanish coast...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back