• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Albergues and Covid Closures

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

peregrina2000

Staff member
I know there have been several threads with this information, but they are not recent. I just got a PM from a forum member with information about a website that posts albergue closure information on all caminos.

https://www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/caminos/buscalbergue.asp

Just use the dropdown menu to choose your camino and a list will pop up.

I know that Gronze has had a lot of good information on temporary closures but this is another site. Both are very trusted resources, and I think it’s a good idea to use both of them, because no one can be completely up to date at any given moment.

Direct albergue contact is always best in case of any doubt. Buen camino to all the peregrinos out there who are navigating this in good spirits and with optimism!

And p.s. If you go to the site, you may get a warning that the link may be someone pretending to be caminosantiago.org. Because I got the link from a trusted forum friend, I went ahead and opened the site, and I can tell you it’s fine!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very useful but, like Gronze, not entirely up to date - 2 nights ago I slept at the albergue in Torres de Berrellén on the Ebro and it was very much open, although both Gronze and caminosantiago.org say it's closed. The one in Gallur, where I hoped to sleep last night, is listed by both as open and is (temporarily, according to the paper on the gate) closed.

Gronze is accurate re closed albergues on the Camino Portuguese so far from Lisbon to Tomar. No albergue is asking vaccination proof, only some require mask inside, few are separating the beds or reducing number in dormitory rooms however given we are so few there isn’t any mass accumulation of pilgrims except when we’ve run into October bull fighting festivals.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Very useful but, like Gronze, not entirely up to date - 2 nights ago I slept at the albergue in Torres de Berrellén on the Ebro and it was very much open, although both Gronze and caminosantiago.org say it's closed.
As far as I know Gronze and other sites get the information from the Albergues . So if changes are not passed on by the Albergues then this is what you get.🙏

As far as I know Gronze and other sites get the information from the Albergues . So if changes are not passed on by the Albergues then this is what you get.🙏

Forum members, or anyone else for that matter, can also help keep things up to date. The owner of Gronze posted these easy instructions on how to send them news of closures, updates, etc. —

Use the “contacto” button at the bottom of every page on Gronze.

It would be a great public service, and it’s not at all hard to do!

I just wanted to add that I have received a very detailed critique of the caminodesantiago.org website.

A forum member recently completed the Vdlp and sent me a list of 33 errors in the caminodesantiago.org listing. Some albergues that closed permanently BEFORE covid are still listed there.

Since it is such a fluid situation, the forum member asked me not to publish the list but rather just to alert pilgrims to the fact that gronze is much more up to date.

Caveat emptor.

Personal contact with albergues is the only safe way to go these days.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.