• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues and hostals - Camino Mozarabe

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear all,
I am planning to walk the camino Mozarabe in October starting from Almeria and I am looking for infromation about albergues or hostals along the route.
I am wondering if anyone who may have walked the route might have a list of these albergues. This will be of great help to me. Also maybe one could give me some links for the information.
Meanwhile I thank you in advance.
Regards,
Ray

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear all,
I am planning to walk the camino Mozarabe in October starting from Almeria and I am looking for infromation about albergues or hostals along the route.
I am wondering if anyone who may have walked the route might have a list of these albergues. This will be of great help to me. Also maybe one could give me some links for the information.
Meanwhile I thank you in advance.
Regards,
Ray

Hi, Ray,
Here is a link to the most recent version of the amigos guide. It is really all you need. They update it monthly to change the phone numbers of hospitaleros etc. Definitely be in touch with them, they are a great bunch of people.

Anyone planning to walk from Almeria must contact the Amigos, there’s a new system in place, a number of the albergues they control have a key safe next to the door, on arrival you ‘phone a contact number for the code to access the key.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Anyone planning to walk from Almeria must contact the Amigos, there’s a new system in place, a number of the albergues they control have a key safe next to the door, on arrival you ‘phone a contact number for the code to access the key.
And in case anyone is wondering how to contact them, the phone numbers and email addresses are on the Almeria Jacobea website:
Or you can contact them via Facebook:

And ... If pilgrims who plan to stay at the Albergue in Tocon de Quentar are advised to phone before you get there because there's no signal in the village.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Ray,
Here is a link to the most recent version of the amigos guide. It is really all you need. They update it monthly to change the phone numbers of hospitaleros etc. Definitely be in touch with them, they are a great bunch of people.

Thank You Laurie,
I found this link very useful and although in Spanish it is very eay to follow.
I am planning 20 days for the whole walk which means an average of 30km a day. Will have two rest days in Granada and Cordoba. Do you think it is possible. Last year I walked an average of 33kms on the Via de la Plata. However I am not sure if this time will be a more difficult one.
I appreciate your help.
Thank you and best regards,
Ray

Thank You Laurie,
I found this link very useful and although in Spanish it is very eay to follow.
I am planning 20 days for the whole walk which means an average of 30km a day. Will have two rest days in Granada and Cordoba. Do you think it is possible. Last year I walked an average of 33kms on the Via de la Plata. However I am not sure if this time will be a more difficult one.
I appreciate your help.
Thank you and best regards,
Ray
Hi, Ray,
Here are my stages. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...n-the-mozárabe-from-almería-april-2018.55899/
On Day 21, I was in Mérida. One obvious way to combine two days into one would be Day 1 and 2. I walked out from Almería to Rioja and then back on a bus to Almería in order to meet up with the amigos and forum members. There were about 15 of us. Then the next day, taxi to Rioja and on. It would be a very long first day, with some ups and downs and rocky descents, but do-able I guess.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
One obvious way to combine two days into one would be Day 1 and 2
If 39km seems ambitious for Day 1, there are albergues in Santa Fe de Mondujar (24km from Almeria) and Santa Cruz de Marchena (36km from Almeria).
I think it's worth noting that those early stages on dry riverbeds are more strenuous than the distances and gains in elevation would suggest. You might find that 24km feels more like 30km. Fortunately, the network of albergues gives you several options on this part of the Camino. Between Granada and Cordoba, you don't have such flexibility.
If you can make it as far as Santa Cruz on Day 1, then the stage to Abla is 32km and you've done Stages 1-3 in two days. It's more than I could manage but I'm sure it would be ideal for some people.
If you only get as far as Santa Fe on Day 1, you're not quite at "escape velocity." Nonetheless, with some creativity (e.g. stay overnight an unlisted Casa Rural in Cogollos de Guadix and walk straight through Guadix), you could reach Granada a day faster than Peregrina2000. But what a shame not to stop in Guadix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself and hubby walked from Malaga to Antequera a few years ago. Hoping to continue from Antequera to Córdoba in October. Just wondering if above info re keys also applies to our route ?

Thanks for the tip
I shall be walking the Camino Mozarabe next October. I would like to contact the Amigos group of Almeria. Does anyone habe their email or address please?
Thanks in advance,
Ray

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the tip
I shall be walking the Camino Mozarabe next October. I would like to contact the Amigos group of Almeria. Does anyone habe their email or address please?
Thanks in advance,
Ray
Their Facebook site is a good source of information. In case you don't use Facebook, the phone number shown is +34 619 86 01 98. You can also look at the website, which has phone numbers and email address .

Myself and hubby walked from Malaga to Antequera a few years ago. Hoping to continue from Antequera to Córdoba in October. Just wondering if above info re keys also applies to our route ?
No. As far as I know, only the albergues between Almeria and Granada work that way.
You can find info.on albergues from Antiquera to Cordoba on the Malaga Association website. In all cases, it appears that you need to get in touch with the town hall to access the municipal albergues:

From Baena onwards, the Malaga Camino merges with the other Caminos. Keys for unattended albergues are sometimes held by the town hall and sometimes by the local police etc.

Even though the route from Baena is not managed by the Almeria association, I recommend downloading their guide, which has information on albergues as far as Merida and is updated frequently.

No. As far as I know, only the albergues between Almeria and Granada work that way.
You can find info.on albergues from Antiquera to Cordoba on the Malaga Association website. In all cases, it appears that you need to get in touch with the town hall to access the municipal albergues:

From Baena onwards, the Malaga Camino merges with the other Caminos. Keys for unattended albergues are sometimes held by the town hall and sometimes by the local police etc.

Even though the route from Baena is not managed by the Almeria association, I recommend downloading their guide, which has information on albergues as far as Merida and is updated frequently.
Thank you Raggy .

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back