A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Albergues and Refugios... Some useful info. (I hope!)

Minkey

I noticed last summer that many people were reticent about stopping off at San Juan de Ortega. Many walked on a further 5-6 km to Atapuerca, which apparently is great to stay in. By the time we'd caught up with the majority, the Albergue was full, leaving us either the option of hauling ourselves off the Camino, or carrying on in hope of somewhere else to stay. Anyway, 6.5km futher on, there's a lovely clean Refugio in Cardenuela - Riopica, just ask at the bar on the right hand side of the road and they will show you to your bed. When I was there last summer only three others were boarding there for the night and it only costs €3, meal at the bar was ok and it meant that we didn't have to walk a further 16km to get to Burgos!!!

It might also be worth noting that there are places to stay in Ages, which is just before Atapuerca.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.3%
  • June