• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues between Olveira and Maronas

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear Forum Members,

I will be walking the Finisterre/Muxia route and back to Santiago between the 29th November and 6th December 2017 (next week). I have a slight doubt about the availability of albergues during this time of the year.
In fact I tried to contact and book most of them as I am aware that a number of them will be closed.
I tried to contact two albergues beween Oliveira and Maronas. These are meanth to be open according to guide books.
I tried online and also by phone but I am not getting any response from albergue Ponte Oliveira and also Casa Pepa (S. Marina)
I wonder if anyone has information about these albergues.... if they are open at this time of the year and will it be a problem to find any other albergue in these areas.

Thanks a lot and looking forward for any feedback,
Ray Aquilina,
Malta

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, I stayed at Casa Pepa at the end of Nov 4 years ago. It is a small bar / restaurant, family-owned and run, so, unless there is a family crisis, it will be open. A lovely couple, but they do not speak English, so use Google-Translate, and send a simple email again in Spanish. I was the only person staying there that night and it was one of my favourite places.
Jill

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is an easy 7 km walk from Ponte Olveira where the albergue closes end of October to Olveiroa where the municipal albergue is open all year and there is also a fine private pension with good food, As Pias. In recent years I have often eaten in their small back dining room with the wonderful fireplace although I always stayed in the municipal albergue

See full citations here --
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/olveiroa.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Dear Forum Members,

I will be walking the Finisterre/Muxia route and back to Santiago between the 29th November and 6th December 2017 (next week). I have a slight doubt about the availability of albergues during this time of the year.
In fact I tried to contact and book most of them as I am aware that a number of them will be closed.
I tried to contact two albergues beween Oliveira and Maronas. These are meanth to be open according to guide books.
I tried online and also by phone but I am not getting any response from albergue Ponte Oliveira and also Casa Pepa (S. Marina)
I wonder if anyone has information about these albergues.... if they are open at this time of the year and will it be a problem to find any other albergue in these areas.

Ray Aquilina,
Malta
Greetings Ray and camino friend! Wishing you a great walk and as always Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dear Forum Members,

Ray Aquilina,
Malta

Hi
I spent one night 3 days before. It was open:good food, nice dormitory, everything was great. Try to call :+34981852881 or
Dear Forum Members,

Ray Aquilina,
Malta
It was open 3 days ago :nice guys, nice albergue. Everything is good
Try to call :
+34686234342
Or +34981852881

Hi
I spent one night 3 days before. It was open:good food, nice dormitory, everything was great. Try to call :+34981852881 or
It was open 3 days ago :nice guys, nice albergue. Everything is good
Try to call :
+34686234342
Or +34981852881

The OP was walking last December 😉

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back