Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Albergues Closed on the 2nd and 3rd of July

nuri_cze

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo (2019)
Hello,

I just got to A Fonsagrada and there is a sign on the local pilgrim office that says the albergues municipales and the xuntas are closed today/tomorrow. Anybody knows why?

Picture included 60468

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I also think, that it is some routine works (desinfection, desinsectication...).

But it seems only to affect the public albergues. There are private alternatives (Albergues Os Chaos and Cantabríco in A Fonsagrada, Porta Santa and San Mateo in Cadavo) and places inbetween where you could stay instead (complejo O Pineiral short after A Fonsagrada, Public albergue in Castroverde and private albergue in Vilar de Cas).

BC
Alexandra

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I
I also think, that it is some routine works (desinfection, desinsectication...).

But it seems only to affect the public albergues. There are private alternatives (Albergues Os Chaos and Cantabríco in A Fonsagrada, Porta Santa and San Mateo in Cadavo) and places inbetween where you could stay instead (complejo O Pineiral short after A Fonsagrada, Public albergue in Castroverde and private albergue in Vilar de Cas).

BC
Alexandra
I was trying to call to Castroverde albergue but the phone is dead. Hope I won’t be in for a nasty surprise tomorrow. I am currently staying in O Piñeral, which is very luxurious and lovely - and would like to stay in Castroverde for tomorrow.

We’ll see. Thank you for both the reactions, I absolutely understand the need to have everything in order, it just got me by surprise a bit :)

There is also a hostal at Castroverde (Pensión Cortés) which has good reports. It seems that last year, at the beginning of July all public albergues in the area were closed, too, for "desinsectation" and desinfection.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back