A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Albergues for sale or for rent

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
I know, I know, there are many reasons NOT to buy or rent an albergue, we have read and know them all.
But after 4 years of talking about, my wife and me both still want to run an albergue... :) In the end it will all depend on availability and calculations, but it is time for us now to take a step in this. In a few weeks we go and visit Albergues which are for sale or for rent.
I did read the 'Albergues for sale' part in this forum, with a few people we do have contact already. But there must be much more. Does anyone know about any albergue for sale or rent at this moment, or know about owners who are thinking about this? There is always a lot of knowledge among the people on this forum...
We don't have a fixed place or route yet, it can be anywhere. Please send a PM if needed.

Thanks!

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
Thanks so far Annie and David, very useful!
Hope more information is coming.

Last edited:

johakyu

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2010 2012
Vezelay 2010
vVa de la plata 2009
This is an old thread... But if anyone is looking for a really legal / practical place, try this ?!
For sale - brilliant little albergue in village north of Zamora, directly on Via dela Plata. Completely renovated / legalised farmhouse with balcony, terrace, walled garden, sheds, well. All furnishings etc included, ready to go! Already has track record. Great small business / holiday house / retreat. 40,000 euros. timworkmail at gmail.com

Camino(s) past & future
CF-Finisterra-Muxia 2017; SK Camino Kosiče-Levoča 2017; Norte Mar’18; Ingles Nov’18; VDLP Mar’19
This is an old thread... But if anyone is looking for a really legal / practical place, try this ?!
For sale - brilliant little albergue in village north of Zamora, directly on Via dela Plata. Completely renovated / legalised farmhouse with balcony, terrace, walled garden, sheds, well. All furnishings etc included, ready to go! Already has track record. Great small business / holiday house / retreat. 40,000 euros. timworkmail at gmail.com
I’ve been looking at and discussing with Tim this place since early spring and will go to see while walking the VDLP this March. I felt it necessary to walk the VDLP first to understand what arriving pilgrims might be feeling. It’s a big decision but well the Camino calls and it’s time for a life change.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at and discussing with Tim this place since early spring and will go to see while walking the VDLP this March. I felt it necessary to walk the VDLP first to understand what arriving pilgrims might be feeling. It’s a big decision but well the Camino calls and it’s time for a life change.
Great decision! The Plata is very different from the Frances, Norte or Ingles which you have already walked. It is also important to get a feel for the place and hamlet. I have also had contact with Tim and Bea, one of the three women that we running the place last year. If you would like me to be a sounding board feel free to contact me via a pm. I have walked this section of the Plata three times and have slept in the municipal on each occasion walking from Zamora.

Camino(s) past & future
CF-Finisterra-Muxia 2017; SK Camino Kosiče-Levoča 2017; Norte Mar’18; Ingles Nov’18; VDLP Mar’19
Great decision! The Plata is very different from the Frances, Norte or Ingles which you have already walked. It is also important to get a feel for the place and hamlet. I have also had contact with Tim and Bea, one of the three women that we running the place last year. If you would like me to be a sounding board feel free to contact me via a pm. I have walked this section of the Plata three times and have slept in the municipal on each occasion walking from Zamora.
Thank you so much, that’s great.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 199 24.3%