A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Albergues from Lugo. Mid November

2020 Camino Guides

Ferenc

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (starting Nov. 15, 2019)
Hi all!

Hopefully I will start El Camino with my grandfather on November 15 starting on Lugo. I've heard some albergues close in winter. Is there a way to know which albergues will be open? Any other tips/advice is greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you all in advance!

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
The Xunta albergues are theoretically open all year round. Though they do occasionally close some for maintenance in the winter so it is worth checking nearer the time.

Ferenc

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks a bunch, @Bradypus! If I can bother you a bit further, can you point me where I could check this?

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open: in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.

All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.

From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!

Buen camino!

Ferenc

Camino(s) past & future
I do not know of any online site that gives details of albergue closures. Probably best to ask the hospitaleros at the time if they know of any problems further down the line. Most likely they will be open anyway. Just sounding a note of caution as I have been caught out by a winter albergue closure myself. This is the main Xunta website for their albergues: https://www.caminodesantiago.gal/en/discover/the-way-at-the-present/1.4.2.-the-network-of-public-hostels
Many thanks to you, bradypus! =)

Ferenc

Camino(s) past & future
Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open:
in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.
All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.
From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!
Buen camino!
Hi, Thomas. Thank you for the information, I'll sure check!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%