Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Albergues from Lugo. Mid November

Ferenc

Year of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (starting Nov. 15, 2019)
Hi all!

Hopefully I will start El Camino with my grandfather on November 15 starting on Lugo. I've heard some albergues close in winter. Is there a way to know which albergues will be open? Any other tips/advice is greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you all in advance!

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Bradypus

Staff member
Too many and too often!
The Xunta albergues are theoretically open all year round. Though they do occasionally close some for maintenance in the winter so it is worth checking nearer the time.

Ferenc

Thanks a bunch, @Bradypus! If I can bother you a bit further, can you point me where I could check this?

Bradypus

Staff member
Too many and too often!
I do not know of any online site that gives details of albergue closures. Probably best to ask the hospitaleros at the time if they know of any problems further down the line. Most likely they will be open anyway. Just sounding a note of caution as I have been caught out by a winter albergue closure myself. This is the main Xunta website for their albergues: https://www.caminodesantiago.gal/en...-present/1.4.2.-the-network-of-public-hostels

Thomas1962

2010/2011/2012/2013: Madrid -Salvador -Primitivo 2014: EPW 2015: Amsterdam - SdC
Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open: in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.

All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.

From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!

Buen camino!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Ferenc

I do not know of any online site that gives details of albergue closures. Probably best to ask the hospitaleros at the time if they know of any problems further down the line. Most likely they will be open anyway. Just sounding a note of caution as I have been caught out by a winter albergue closure myself. This is the main Xunta website for their albergues: https://www.caminodesantiago.gal/en...-present/1.4.2.-the-network-of-public-hostels

Many thanks to you, bradypus! =)

Ferenc

Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open:
in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.
All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.
From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!
Buen camino!

Hi, Thomas. Thank you for the information, I'll sure check!

notion900

Veteran Member
>
@timr hope you are well! I think this is a general Primitivo thread, could you move it?

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings