Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues from Lugo. Mid November

Ferenc

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (starting Nov. 15, 2019)
Hi all!

Hopefully I will start El Camino with my grandfather on November 15 starting on Lugo. I've heard some albergues close in winter. Is there a way to know which albergues will be open? Any other tips/advice is greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you all in advance!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Xunta albergues are theoretically open all year round. Though they do occasionally close some for maintenance in the winter so it is worth checking nearer the time.

Thanks a bunch, @Bradypus! If I can bother you a bit further, can you point me where I could check this?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I do not know of any online site that gives details of albergue closures. Probably best to ask the hospitaleros at the time if they know of any problems further down the line. Most likely they will be open anyway. Just sounding a note of caution as I have been caught out by a winter albergue closure myself. This is the main Xunta website for their albergues: https://www.caminodesantiago.gal/en...-present/1.4.2.-the-network-of-public-hostels

Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open: in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.

All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.

From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!

Buen camino!

I do not know of any online site that gives details of albergue closures. Probably best to ask the hospitaleros at the time if they know of any problems further down the line. Most likely they will be open anyway. Just sounding a note of caution as I have been caught out by a winter albergue closure myself. This is the main Xunta website for their albergues: https://www.caminodesantiago.gal/en...-present/1.4.2.-the-network-of-public-hostels

Many thanks to you, bradypus! =)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open:
in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.
All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.
From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!
Buen camino!

Hi, Thomas. Thank you for the information, I'll sure check!

@timr hope you are well! I think this is a general Primitivo thread, could you move it?

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back