• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues from Porto to S De C and distances between

Daveyboy

Hi,

My wife and her friend are wallking from Porto to S De C from mid-September, 2008. I would like to give them the information on albergues/refugios along that section and the distances between them. They both have some foot issues which may preclude hiking more than 15 to 20 kms. Luckily they have lots of time. If there are non-albergues (pensions, hostels, etc.) along the way that information would be invaluable. They're leaving in 2 days. Their choice of route had to change because of the bedbug problem on the Camino Francés - hence the short notice. When we walked the Via de la Plata last spring I had it all laid out and it was very helpful. That's no help now though.

Thanks everyone,

Daveyboy
British Columbia
CANADA

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This downloadable guide http://www.amigosdelcamino.com/ is in Spanish and Portuguese only but should be of some use. I am toying with the idea of the Camino Portugues in Spring 2009 and have looked at it from time to time. I have not walked the camino Portugues so I'm sorry that I have no specific information.

Hi

I’ve just returned from walking the Camino Portugués from Porto. I did it in 10 stages. Albergues are not available universally in Portugal and the distances of some recommended stages are greater than the 15 – 20 kms you mention.

Time before departure is really short so doing a huge amount of research won’t be possible in advance. I hope the following helps:

1 I was amazed at how well many Portuguese people speak English – they preferred speaking to me in English than in Spanish. Communication was never a difficulty.

2 There are a number of tourist offices in Oporto – one conveniently located right next to the Cathedral – they will provide maps and a list of pilgrim accommodation at each of the stages. It appeared to be well researched.

3 Taxis and to some extent buses are available all the way – even in the smallest villages and the proximity of main roads to the route makes it very feasible simply to get a bus or taxi back and forth to accommodation, if necessary

4 In Portugal the local fire station will always try to help including providing accommodation if that is available – I met a young woman who was walking the length of Portugal staying in fire stations.

5 A Credential and sello is only available from the Cathedral in Oporto. They had run out when I started but they were available at the first albergue.

Buen Camino

John

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back