• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Albergues in Cirauqui open in winter?

F

Former member 59618

I'm researching albergues open during the winter, plotting them on my google maps so I have quick reference when I'm walking....and I have a question re albergues in Cirauqui. According to aprinca.com there is an albergue called "Bidegain" and a quick google search turned up a possible Refugio Bidegain with very little information. Casa Maralotx is the only albergue on google maps in Cirauqui, and it's closed for the winter.

I'm thinking the listing on Aprinca is not correct. Before I email them, can anyone help clarify this?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would try to WhatsApp them at the 657692397 number to see if they are open and where they are located if they are in Cirauqui. Let them know they are not on the map? I see a street on Google Maps by a similar name?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
A list of albergues on the CF shows it as a Donativo at c/Santa Catalina 9. Casa de Acogida Bidegain
that reference shows that they may be on Facebook. I don't have an account so can't check.

Maralotx is closed in winter. It's the only albergue there.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Careful with the Bidegain, as it only has two beds. You cannot reserve, so it really is either pot luck or just a safety net place if you get stuck.

I really would not plan any Winter Camino stages on an assumption that one can stay there, though hoping to do so but moving on if necessary might make sense.

There *might* be something in Villatuerta, if Puente La Reina to Estella is too long a stage.

Everything being closed in Lorca during Winter is more of an annoyance.

I really would not plan any Winter Camino stages on an assumption that one can stay there, though hoping to do so but moving on if necessary might make sense.

Thanks...It makes sense why I couldn't find Bidegain on google maps or the internet, except Aprinca. I've mapped out all the potential "winter" albergue options on my google maps, double-checking the information against Aprinca, Gronze, websites, and emailing albergues themselves.

Back