Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues in December

Kitty Playa

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (2019)
First timer. How do I find Albergues that are open and available for the Primitivo in December?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome to the forum, Kitty.
I am concerned as I would not choose a December camino on one of the higher elevation routes when there has already been numerous reports on the forum of unusually inclement weather in much of Spain; days on end of rain, sleet, snow, and paths turned into rivers with no end in sight.
Even in the better months the Primitivo can be shrouded in fog with very low visibility. I've walked it in May and had a lovely day, but a new friend coming behind me the following day could see nothing on the Hospitales route and became disoriented. If you can be flexible in your plans, I suggest waiting for better weather if possible.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Welcome to the forum, Kitty.
I am concerned as I would not choose a December camino on one of the higher elevation routes when there has already been numerous reports on the forum of unusually inclement weather in much of Spain; days on end of rain, sleet, snow, and paths turned into rivers with no end in sight.
Even in the better months the Primitivo can be shrouded in fog with very low visibility. I've walked it in May and had a lovely day, but a new friend coming behind me the following day could see nothing on the Hospitales route and became disoriented. If you can be flexible in your plans, I suggest waiting for better weather if possible.
https://www.gronze.com/camino-primitivo lists all accommodations and opening / closing times. The site is in Spanish but simple to read . Opening using Google Chrome as a browser will provide an instant translation.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back