• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues on Camino Ingles .

cardifflad52

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2015 Inglis Way , March 2022 Camino Frances
I am starting out from Ferrol next month and wanted to know if any of the Albergues en route serves meals such as Evening Meal or Breakfast .. Kind Regards Terry :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Terry,

I did the CI at this time of year. I stayed at the municipal albergue in Ponte dueme (just over the bridge, then along the seawall to your right in the renovated buildings on the left. The remainder of the time, I stayed in the private albergues that either had meals available, or were in town and meals easy to get to.

Johnnie Walker's Camino Guide on the CI is the most up to date and accurate available. Click on the CSJ website above and you can download it. Anything else, just ask and we will help.

Buen Camino,

Arn

Arn .

Thank you for the reply so kind of you .

I only asked the question as it would be so nice to get a good hearty breakfast in the morning before one sets off again .

You mentioned the Albergue in Pontdeume , that be my second night in the region as i am not due into Ferrol till around mid day so plan to stay at the Albergue in Neda for my first night .

Anyway thank you for the reply and i have already taken down notes of Jonnie walkers guide .

All the best Terry

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola Terry

None of the albergues on this route serves meals at any time of the day. The are unmanned and perhaps with the exception of Hospital de Bruma you may have to telephone the hospitalero to get them to come and open up.

If you are starting off reasonably early from any of them you'll need to buy breakfast (and lunch at times) the night before. If leaving after 8 - 9am then there should be cafes open.

Buen camino

John

Agree with JW...Benino will sort you out at Hospital de Bruma...he sorted us out with a three course meal including bread and wine...it went down a treat!

Attachments

• Craig Albergue Hospital.jpg
    Craig Albergue Hospital.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 393
Hi
I am walking the Camino Frances next month just wondering if I can catch transport from Muxa to the start of the CI so I may do that section also any help would be great.
Trevor

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I stayed at the albergue in Mino a couple of weeks ago and the volunteer hospitaleros ~ Estella, Brandon and Laura, prepared a great meal for us in return for either a donation or a contribution of food or wine for the meal. They also provided breakfast the next morning. I really enjoyed the stay there and met some wonderful fellow pilgrims. This was the only albergue on the Ingles where a meal ~ either dinner or breakfast, was available.

Ondo Ibili ![/QUOTE]
My wife & I stayed at the Miño albergue at the end of July. We meet 2 peregrinos and another who we met at Neda albergue stayed as well as us. 3 marvelous people, I´ve added them to my back pack and they will walk all my walks with me. :)

Ondo Ibili !

So great to meet and spend some time with you and your wife on this wonderful camino! :)

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.