• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues on the Norte/Primitivo - A Comprehensive List?

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Since I've been paying closer attention to the forum over the last couple of months, there have been a few requests for info about albergues on the northern route. I've also spent a lot of time working on gathering this information in anticipation of my student group trip this summer and decided to compile it in one place for easy access. You can find it here:

http://roadscholarswa.com/cnalbergues.html

Bear in mind that I have only looked for info on the Camino del Norte from Irun to Oviedo, after which I provide info on the Camino Primitivo. To the best of my knowledge, this is totally up to date, but I would be thrilled to receive updates from people on the road. You will also find links there to the best sites I've found online for gathering this info - and finding updates. For other info on the Norte, go to my main page for the route:

http://roadscholarswa.com/camnorte.html

I just added a near complete list of turismos on the way, I've linked a handful of blogs and photo sites (most of them found on this forum!), and the trip itinerary for my group has links to all of the towns along the way. I hope some of you find it useful in your planning. As you'll see, my html skills are limited to a few basic commands, so it's not much to look at, but I think it serves its purposes.

All feedback is welcome.

Dave

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
These are great resources Dave - thanks for sharing.

You can also find information such as costs, websites, number of beds, showers, kitchen, opening and closing times etc., (as well as a profile map for that stage) on all the albergues in Spain - for all the different routes - here:

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergues/

The listings for the Camino Norte start at Irun and end at Melide (on the Camino Frances)
Listings for the Primitivo start at Oviedo and end at Palas de Rei (Camino Frances).

Thanks Dave and Sil I've bookmarked all three of these websites. I plan to walk the Del Norte next year. I have a question for you Dave, you have a number of Youth Hostels listed are these open to anyone or do you require a membership or might there be an age restriction? I'll celebrate my 60th birthday on the Del Norte. :oops:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dave thank you very for the list it will come as a good guide,when i may do the walk later this year or early next....again thank you....ants

Hi Dale,

I believe they are open to peregrinos. I sure hope so, I turned 54 last week and my wife turns 51 in two days, we plan on using the Youth Albergues. :wink:

Buen Camino,
Mark

Sorry I missed that question, Dale! As Mark said, they are open to people of all ages. Typically, they charge a little more if you are over the age of 26 (give or take a few years). But, the "youth hostels" along the route are used to pilgrims and many have discounted rates.

Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to differentiate between albergue (pilgrim-specific lodging) and albergue (hostel), and didn't want to create a different mix-up with hostel vs. hostal. Thank goodness they don't call them hospitals anymore...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Dave,

I would love to be able to open your attached list of albergues, but for some reason I can't. Any chance of reposting them please?

Many thanks:)

Since I've been paying closer attention to the forum over the last couple of months, there have been a few requests for info about albergues on the northern route. I've also spent a lot of time working on gathering this information in anticipation of my student group trip this summer and decided to compile it in one place for easy access. You can find it here:

Bear in mind that I have only looked for info on the Camino del Norte from Irun to Oviedo, after which I provide info on the Camino Primitivo. To the best of my knowledge, this is totally up to date, but I would be thrilled to receive updates from people on the road. You will also find links there to the best sites I've found online for gathering this info - and finding updates. For other info on the Norte, go to my main page for the route:

I just added a near complete list of turismos on the way, I've linked a handful of blogs and photo sites (most of them found on this forum!), and the trip itinerary for my group has links to all of the towns along the way. I hope some of you find it useful in your planning. As you'll see, my html skills are limited to a few basic commands, so it's not much to look at, but I think it serves its purposes.

All feedback is welcome.

Dave

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Unfortunately. you responded to a thread from 2009 and the links are probably both out of date and non-working.

It would be great if someone could post a link to a current, updated listing.

Unfortunately. you responded to a thread from 2009 and the links are probably both out of date and non-working.

It would be great if someone could post a link to a current, updated listing.

Yup, I think this one perhaps, ought to be put in the reference section? I have a sneaking suspicion that the del Norte may become more trafficked as many of us come back again. And try to avoid crowding on the Frances!

This thread was talking about the albergue list a couple of years before Dave went on to publish his cicerone guide to the northern routes. I imagine that old list was incorporated into the book and subsequently updated. Whether his current list can again become open source is a moot point.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you need an on-line source as you walk then 'gronze.com' has a list of accomodation on the Norte - it looks as though it has been recently updated. We invested in Dave's book and the CSJ guide but still check online too for recent changes.
Buen Camino

Thanks Tia Valeria. My Spanish is rudimentary but I'm getting better at the Spanish sites all the time.

All feedback is welcome.

Dave

I just tried to click on your link above, for Albergues on the Norte, but the server says the link cannot be found. Can you help. This is exactly what I'm looking for . . . at least I THINK it is, but won't know unless I can actually see your list. Please advise.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

All feedback is welcome.

Dave

HI Dave,
I've tried to get on to your website to find the maps and info for the camino del Norte- especially
the list of albegues, I find the webpage unavailable for roadscholarswa. can you advise on where I can find comprehensive info, maps, albergues and any other helpful info? I plan to trek it alone
Sept 10 2017
Many thanks!
Brenda

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The accommodation list on the Norte is always growing. Just a few days ago this place started taking pilgrims on a donativo basis.
http://www.reposodelandayon.com/

In Priesca about ten before Villaviciosa there's a gorgeous new albergue in the former priest's house--La Rectoral. Opened in the last few weeks. I think gronze is pretty quick to get new places on its website.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back