• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

albergues on the via de la plata Pt.2

Dawn of a new Day

Between Calzada de Valduncei and El Cubo the triail is torn up near the highway due to construction of a new highway.

EL CUBO Pg.117 – New albergue 6E. cooking and hot showers.

ZAMORA Pg 121 – An amanazing NEW albergue . 4E 32 beds, kitchen and hot shower.

MONTMARTA. Pg. 122 – New albergue just before here. Basic 4E. hot showers. Several restaurants close by Hotel El Asturiano was closed for vacation when I was there . (octobber)

GRANJA DE MORERUELA Pg 125- There is only one albergue here. It is in the Bar Teleclub. 5E Beds and hot shower only. 8or 10 beds.Great food in the bar

SANTA CROYA DE TERA Pg.129 – Casa Anita 10E , 8E menu. Great

RIO NEGRO DEL PUENTE Pg.133 – New albergue 7E, kitchen, hot showers, not many supplies in the one store. 2 bars.

PALACIOS DE SANABRIA Pg. 135 – Can stay in a private house. Ask for Theresa in the Bar 15E, food 10E

REQUEJO Pg. 145 – Very basic, hot shower. Donation. Behind the pharmacy . Tu casa restaurant great food. Menu 6E

LUBIAN Pg. 147 - New albergue 3E hot plate . no plates or utensils 4 pots.

After O CANIZO to Guidina take the road how.N525 construction.Well marked.

From Guidina – Laza other guides say it is 34km not 24 as in book. I found it to be 34.

ALBERGUERIA Pg. 153 - Besides the great bar I hear from the owner there is an albergue here as well.The shells covering the walls and ceiling is a site to be seen.

BOUZAS Pg. 171 – Great coffee here, it is not necessary to detour 500m to the main road.

Cea to Monasterio. The route was well marked. I don’t recall going thru the two towns mentioned.

MONASTERIO DE OSEIRA (Pg. 172) – It is necessary to stay a minimum of 3 days to be in the monastery. (2 fellows were there for a week)
There is a one room building that is musty, no showers (can shower in the monastery) but I would not have given up the experience with the monks because of this (mass, prayers and closing prayers at the end of the night. I was invited for breakfast, but wanted to get on the road early.
Service sunday 10am and 11am. Tours m-f 10,11,12,3:30. weekends 12:45, 3:30 , 4:30 , 5:30.

Cea – Castro Dozon Pg. 173 – no road construction. In CASTRO the albergue is in a make shift trailer.

LAXE pg. 175 – the police now have the keys. (number on the albergue) This is an amazing spacious albergue.

Bandeira – albergue was open but 2.7km away in a campground.

From DORNELAS Pg. 177 the route changed somewhat because of the high speed train being built. It is not possible to pass the Ermita de Santiago or Noveledo. Change in route is well marked

Pg. 178 – New albergue 4km after Puent Ulla. It seems everone calls this a different name. I understand it to be Santiaguino in the county of Vedra. The restaurant is closed on Tuesday. Call and they will deliver even on Tuesday. Hospitalera . cooking and hot showers in the albergue. This is BEAUTIFUL albergue with a fabulous view. A great place to stay the night, it is only 16km to Santiago in the morning.

Buen camino
dawn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Dawn, I just want to echo the thanks. I'm going to scribble your notes in the margins of my CSJ guide, I don't have the other one you mentioned. I am planning to start from Sevilla in April, still not sure of the exact date, and having your recent updates is invaluable.
Muchisimas gracias,
Laurie

laurie, do a search for albergues on the vdlp pt.1 on this site. i posted in 2 segments, the first from seville to salamanca. let me know if you can't find it, i can email you., or repost.
dawn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
About Castro Dozon-the albergue is located right at the end of town-about 700 metres from the shops.I'm not sure what a 'trailer' is (isn't it something with wheels?) but the albergue has a sign saying it is 'provisional' and looks like it might be there for a while.

Attachments

• castro dozon.jpg
    castro dozon.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,267
hi ,i actually didn't see it, a friend who i hooked up with saw it, and said no way he wanted to stay there., i gathered that the bathrooms were in a different part, as the kitchen, trailer meaning it was temporary. Anyone stay there, i continued on to Laxe which was an amazing hostel.
d

It wasn't too bad-the bathrooms are in the 2 white facing doors and sleeping on the left and right-I don't recall a kitchen though

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back