• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Albergues reopening on the Vía de la Plata

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

geraldkelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Vía de la Plata / Camino Sanabrés, Camino del Baztán, Camino Aragonés, Chemin du Puy
Hi

I'm currently contacting all the albergues on the Vía to find out when they'll be reopening and how many beds they'll have under the new regulations. I'm posting my results here: http://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pages/updates

This will be continuously updated as new information comes in. At the moment many albergues aren't sure when they'll be able to open but most expect to do so in July.

Gerald

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Gerald,

this is a huge task! Thank you for doing it.

BC Franz

What a great service Gerald!

May I suggest you add Casa Camino in Riego del Camino. The house was recently bought by a lovely Portuguese couple. I met with them on several occasions for lunch at our mutual albergues when I was volunteering in Fontanillas de Castro in February of this year.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi

I'm currently contacting all the albergues on the Vía to find out when they'll be reopening and how many beds they'll have under the new regulations. I'm posting my results here: http://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pages/updates

This will be continuously updated as new information comes in. At the moment many albergues aren't sure when they'll be able to open but most expect to do so in July.

Gerald

Good luck with this Gerald and thank you.

Buen (Albergue-listing) Camino

Thanks Gerald. I'm hoping to do the Via De La Plata in October-November 2020 but I'm concerned regarding the possibility that some Albergues/Pensions which are situated in places which enable a 20-25km walk rather than a 25-40km walk may not be open. I will be doing the Camino with my 70 year old sister whilst I will be 67 at the time so these albergues/pensions which 'shorten' the daily walks are extremely important to us. I would be grateful if anyone can advise if they have solid information regarding any albergues/pensions which have closed permanently. Hopefully there will be none.

Thanks so much for this I will have your guide and I hope the up to date list when I walk next year. I hope!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi

Gerald

Thank you Gerald for the service. 👍

I just read the following notice on a Spanish Facebook page reporting that the donativo Albergue in Alcuescar will remain closed this year.

"Noticias Jacobeas "

Estimados Amigos de la " via de la plata " Aprovechando este articulo les informo que ayer en conversación telefónica con Alcuescar ( Cáceres ) " El albergue de los Padres Reparadores de Alcuescar " cierra su espacio destinado a la acogida de peregrinos en todo lo que resta de Año. sirva esta nota ¡ por favor ¡ para que los administradores de esta pagina tengan en cuenta esta situación y todos los peregrinos que anden por la via de la plata se sientan informados. ¡ Gracias ¡.

Thanks for that info LTfit. Very helpful.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi!

I posted some more updates on 22 July last. The situation seems to have stabilised and I get the impression that the albergues that are going to open this year have already done so.

The Via is doable from a point-of-view of accommodation, several people are doing it at this moment. You would need to plan ahead carefully and depend on hotels in places (which is normal on the Via anyway) but as far as I can see it isn't a problem.

The usual advice about the heat applies, around Seville the temperature has been over 40C recently.

All the best!
Gerald

Thank you for this guide. I am thinking of doing this Camino in November so this is invaluable!!

Thank you, Gerald! I have your book in front of me today when I´m planning my next camino. Hope to do Via de la plata in May-June next year. Only covid-19 can stop me!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.