A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

COVID Albergues That Are Open?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 67185

When an albergue or hostel plans to open for Pilgrim business, perhaps a list can be developed. Things are still closed as of this date, but when a decision to open is made, it would be great to see what will be available.

If there is a listing already started, then delete this thread.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Here's the current state of the Miam Miam Dodo list of albergues/hostels/other accommodation etc. open in France :

Le Puy and Arles routes, plus a little info about the Vézelay Way -- there's also some information about some hostelry which will NOT be opening in 2020.

They're promising daily updates, and future info about the Francès.

Last edited:

thejoker

Camino(s) past & future
many
Rather surprisingly, after looking at booking.com with today's and tomorrow's date, there are actually a lot of hostales and some albergues open right across the Camino.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Rather surprisingly, after looking at booking.com with today's and tomorrow's date, there are actually a lot of hostales and some albergues open right across the Camino.
Yes, I have some bookings in small hotels and casas rurales along the Ingles and Finisterre in August and when I check them on their own websites, they all seem to be in operation. None of them has any mention of the Corona situation on the websites or anything about special precautions. Actually a bit surprising.

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Can I just comment on the fantastic response I received from owner of Licerio Samos when I had to cancel for June. She was brilliant and had no problem with my cancellation, wished me well and hoped to see us soon, I hoped the financial loss she was having would be short lived. See you next year. Great to see people's positivity winning out again

D

Deleted member 67185

Can I just comment on the fantastic response I received from owner of Licerio Samos when I had to cancel for June. She was brilliant and had no problem with my cancellation, wished me well and hoped to see us soon, I hoped the financial loss she was having would be short lived. See you next year. Great to see people's positivity winning out again
Is she planning to open later this year?

Barbara

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte (twice)and Primitivo, Sureste, In France From home Tours and Vézelay, also Le Puy.
I'm having enough difficulty finding open campsites here in France, trying to set out on the Tours route eastern variant with an ebike. Ho hum. Looks like I'll be charging the bike lunchtime and in supermarkets. Don't ask where I'll be camping. Just added a trowel to my kit.

Isca-camigo

Camino(s) past & future
Various ones.
Another list from La Isla( about 50km before Gijon) for the Norte, it was taken of Hospitaleros Del Norte Facebook page.

facebook_1591441709326_6674990327196997468.jpg

It's not extensive, there may be other Albergues open, they may react to situations. My friend who is walking from Irun in late June has called Albergues to see if they are open, so if it's possible I will try to obtain a list of him.

Last edited:

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019)
That is definitely helpful for those Norte Pilgrims. I saw O Xistral on the list. I know there is another section about helping albergues but let me tell you all. This place is fantastic. It is on the Camino but not near any town or village. The owners are wonderful, the place is clean and super comfortable. The food is great. I stayed there in late October 2018. There were just 3 of us there. (When I walked the Norte was almost deserted after most pilgrims split to join the Primitivo). It was just one of the nicest evenings I have ever spent on any Camino. They need our support for sure. If you walk the Norte you can't go wrong staying there!

SafariGirl

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Vía de la Plata, Primitivo, Norte, Lebaniego & Vadiniense,
Aragonés

SafariGirl

Camino(s) past & future
Aragonés
Hello dear pilgrims, it is a very difficult year for everyone and after canceling more than 90% of the reservations and wishing the first thing that you all feel well, we hope to see you soon on the Camino. Just inform that Casa Barbadelo, on the French Way (3 km after Sarria) opens its doors from July 1 of this year. www.barbadelo.com, BUEN CAMINO A TODOS.
¡Perfecto! Muchas gracias y hasta el julio :)

SafariGirl

Camino(s) past & future
Aragonés
That is definitely helpful for those Norte Pilgrims. I saw O Xistral on the list. I know there is another section about helping albergues but let me tell you all. This place is fantastic. It is on the Camino but not near any town or village. The owners are wonderful, the place is clean and super comfortable. The food is great. I stayed there in late October 2018. There were just 3 of us there. (When I walked the Norte was almost deserted after most pilgrims split to join the Primitivo). It was just one of the nicest evenings I have ever spent on any Camino. They need our support for sure. If you walk the Norte you can't go wrong staying there!
I second this recommendation unreservedly. There were only two of us the night I stayed. The albergue is a complete labour of love. The building was entirely renovated and restored by the owner, Jaime, and his father-in-law over a 4-year period. Jaime is a vet and the family put their savings into the albergue and business because they believe whole-heartedly in the Camino, it’s history and what it represents.
Their website says that the accommodation is ‘simple’ but it’s anything but. The rooms and bathrooms are modern hotel standard and the sheets, blankets and beds were the best I found anywhere on the Camino.
Jaime and his wife Paula are warm, welcoming local people and they provided a superb dinner. I can’t praise this albergue enough or the lovely people who own and run it.
If you choose to stay there I guarantee you won’t regret it.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I second this recommendation unreservedly. There were only two of us the night I stayed. The albergue is a complete labour of love. The building was entirely renovated and restored by the owner, Jaime, and his father-in-law over a 4-year period. Jaime is a vet and the family put their savings into the albergue and business because they believe whole-heartedly in the Camino, it’s history and what it represents.
Their website says that the accommodation is ‘simple’ but it’s anything but. The rooms and bathrooms are modern hotel standard and the sheets, blankets and beds were the best I found anywhere on the Camino.
Jaime and his wife Paula are warm, welcoming local people and they provided a superb dinner. I can’t praise this albergue enough or the lovely people who own and run it.
I haven't had the opportunity to stay there, but I have stopped by for a cold drink twice. It is very popular during the busier seasons, so do make a reservation if you want to stay there.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2017), Primitivo (2019)
Was the owner Ashley Weaver? I met her a few years ago in Sarria, and I remember her as a really wonderful person.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019)
Thanks for adding all the descriptors of the albergue. You really painted a much better picture of how really wonderful this place is. More of a home than an albergue. It truly is a gem.

peregrina2000

Staff member
There is great information here, and we have split it up and re-posted it in a camino-specific threads. I am locking this thread now only to prevent more information being added, which we will then just have to move.

Please post information on albergue openings in these threads:

Francés: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...penings-—-camino-francés-—-summer-2020.67792/

Portugués: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ings-—-caminho-portugués-—-summer-2020.67793/

Norte: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/albergue-openings-—-camino-del-norte-—-summer-2020.67795/

Primitivo: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...nings-—-camino-primitivo-—-summer-2020.67794/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 323 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 369 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 11.9%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock