• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think I read on one of the FB pages that they are finally doing some much-needed renovations.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The muni in Zubiri was one of my two worst albergue experiences...that is my opinion after walking five different routes.
In 2012 I walked in and out of the Larrosoana albergue. It was a Sunday and there weren't many options. I met two pilgrims on the street and we found a pension that had one room left. By luck it had 3 single beds. I think it may have been the last beds in town. I saw them on and off all the way to Santiago, Great people. Lousy hostel. I will be walking through Zubiri and Larrosoana about October 30th. I assume there will be a lot more options this time.

In 2012 I walked in and out of the Larrosoana albergue. It was a Sunday and there weren't many options. I met two pilgrims on the street and we found a pension that had one room left. By luck it had 3 single beds. I think it may have been the last beds in town. I saw them on and off all the way to Santiago, Great people. Lousy hostel. I will be walking through Zubiri and Larrosoana about October 30th. I assume there will be a lot more options this time.
In 2017 I stayed in Urdaniz, halfway between Zubiri and Larrasoana. A newer Albergue, San Nichol. Very nice, a swimming pool, great communal meal and washer/dryer. Located just off the Camino across the river. Found it on booking.com.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Don’t forget this albergue in Larrasoaña, oh one of the orange shirt. 😉4E0C20B8-D158-470F-979D-20EF65DFB140.jpeg

Don’t forget this albergue in Larrasoaña, oh one of the orange shirt. 😉View attachment 63860
That is one beautiful shirt and I am sure an even better looking guy!!!!!! About a week later I was sitting in the backyard of an albergue with your boy Max. My shirt was dry and I asked Max to drop it on my bed as he was taking his laundry in. Never saw the shirt again. Ahhhhhh Max!!!!!

In 2017 I stayed in Urdaniz, halfway between Zubiri and Larrasoana. A newer Albergue, San Nichol. Very nice, a swimming pool, great communal meal and washer/dryer. Located just off the Camino across the river. Found it on booking.com.
If you look below your post. My dear pal Tom posted a photo of some weirdo in an orange shirt. It could be me:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It is understandable that people are worried about not getting a bed. For those who might want to walk every step, a taxi could take you from Zubiri to one of the following places, and return in the morning if that is what you want to do, not miss a step. Zabaldika closes mid October, but I think trinidad de Arre is open year round.
You cannot book in Zabaldika, but you can phone to know if there are beds, and it is easy to gauge if you will make it in time to get one if there are. I am not sure if you can book in Trinidad de Arre, but once more, you can check by phoning
Zabaldika is around 34km from Roncesvalles, and I have seen pilgrims arrive in late in the day. Trinidad de Arre is another three or so km further on. . I have seen pilgrims being taken from Zabaldika to Trinidad de Arre by car if they have reached their limit. It is 3km approx from one to the other, along a lovely path that skirts the hill. Another option is Huarte, where there is a municipal albergue, about 4km from Zabaldika.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.