Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues

Paul Vella

Time of past OR future Camino
Francais, Ingles, Portoghese,
I am looking for information regarding albergues in Chantada and Rodeiro....any tips?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
In Chantada, you have a choice between a hotel that is in the 40E range, the Mogay, a now apparently spruced up cheap pension, the Hostal Gamallo (when I stayed there several years ago it was by far the dirtiest place I had slept in except for one place on the Cami Catalán, but recently two people I know stayed there and said it was not bad), or the Pensión Yoel, which is over a disco and that gets pretty bad reviews on gronze. I've stayed three times in the Mogay, it's not bad but it may be above your budget.

In Rodeiro, by all means, go to the spanking new and very nice albergue on one of the floors of the Pensión Carpinteiras. Great place, very nice people, dinner cooked by grandma, and the workings of the hostal and albergue handled by son and occasionally his sister.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
grandma´s dinner at hostel Carpinteiras was good, and the breakfast at hotelMogay in Chantada was decent, not the coffee and cake you often get as breakfast.

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...
Hi all - a question for all you Invierno experts: We are starting the Invierno (finally!) tomorrow, but there’s a slight issue with our plan. My partner needs to be present for a work Zoom...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back