• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alberque la posada de dorra urraca

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, i was on the portugues way in august and have a night in Posada Dona Urraca in Caldas de Rei.
It's not a Xunta albergue, and it's as little less than the albergue standard in Galicia but it's the only albergue in Caldas. It's on the camino in a small plaza close to a roman bridge.
Hope i was helpful
Buen camino

Daniele

Thanks Daniele nobody seems to know about this Alberque which I think is the only one in Caldas de Rei. You say it was a little less than normal standard but was it ok?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We were on the CP three weeks ago. Yes, this alberque is open in Caldas de Reis--when you cross the Roman bridge (there is a huge willow tree to your left), look back through the willow and you will see the alberque door. It is not well marked. It is pretty basic with a combination of bunks and mattresses on the floor. A open plywood "wall" separates the entrance area from sleeping area so when you come in the door, you can see the bunks. We ended up not staying here but others did. They slept on mattresses on the floor and said that it was noisy but OK. Not the best but not the worst either. There are lots of bars/cafes in the immediate area so it is well located. Bom Caminho!

Thanks for that information this Albergue does not seem to appear in any of the guides. It is in a useful position and will give us some alternatives. I am very grateful to you both and if we stay there I will make sure I leave some comments on this discussion board

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back