• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alburgues from Luarca to Santiago on Norte

john rosapepe

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2015)
Primitivo (2016)
Does anyone have any recommendations for alburgues from Luarca to Santiago? I will be starting ~ one week.

Much thanks in advance John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The municipal albergue in La Caridad, next stop from Luarca, was comfortable and the first xunta one in Ribadeo is right on the river. 5€ for the municipal and 6€ for the xunta. Both were fine. The Eo estuary from high up on the fairly horrible bridge is spectacular.

I turned right after Ribadeo and took the Ruta do Mar, joining the Camino Inglés near Ferrol, with no albergues until Pontedeume.DSC_0687.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, John, welcome to the forum.

I have Many memories from a Norte about a decade ago (yikes, can it be that long??). A few after Luarca -- The Albergue in Tapia is right on a cliff, looking down on the beach/ocean, beautiful. (though I have heard there have been issues with its upkeep and management, so more recent info would be helpful). I also very much liked Baamonde (in an historic building) and the Confraternity albergue in Miraz is small but wonderful. Only problem is that Baamonde and Miraz are only 16 kms away from each other, so you either have to take a very short day or miss one of them.

I had said at the time that I would not go back to the Norte because of all its asphalt, but now that I'm trying to figure out a camino for 2017, I'm reconsidering (just looked at my old pics with all those gorgeous views and it does seem appealing ......
https://get.google.com/albumarchive.../AF1QipMoyteNbzAHoSPyZBvDIQbl2tBQG7OVOAUiFLQD

Buen camino, I hope the weather is more gentle with you than it has been for the past few weeks! Laurie

I'd recommend the Alburgue San Martin in Miraz. It is run by the Confraternity of Saint James. Great facilities and very welcoming.

I had said at the time that I would not go back to the Norte because of all its asphalt, but now that I'm trying to figure out a camino for 2017

It's changing, slowly, but it is changing. The cicerone book is helping, it seems they are quite active in looking for alternatives to asphalt+ next year is the holy year at Santo Toribo, the various bodies concerned with way marking between there and Covadonga have had meetings recently to try and get an agreement on the route, so that might be something quite special to think about.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back