• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alcuescar to seville/malags

Richard Bourke

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino da costa
Camini primitivo
Hi

I am currently on the Camino de la Plata.My holidays are short so hoping to get to Alcuescar by Friday and then bus it back to Seville or preferably Malaga from where I get my flight back.Also it is cooler.Just wandering if anyone has taken such a trip as cannot find from Google.Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi

I am currently on the Camino de la Plata.My holidays are short so hoping to get to Alcuescar by Friday and then bus it back to Seville or preferably Malaga from where I get my flight back.Also it is cooler.Just wandering if anyone has taken such a trip as cannot find from Google.Thanks

Sorry to confirm that is Friday week

There is a bus at 8:35am from Alcuescar to Merida http://www.solistour.com/horario-autobuses.php arrives 9:15

And a bus from Merida to Malaga at 9:40 am arrives Puerto de Malaga 18:05

https://www.alsa.es/checkout?p_auth..._tabUuid=73d308a0-ed5f-4c9d-8826-3993fb7cab1b

There are also trains from Merida to Malaga via Puertollano but the RENFE website is being its usual helpful self so I can't get an accurate timetable you would have to walk to the rail station to check and might miss the bus.

Happy planning

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There is a bus at 8:35am from Alcuescar to Merida http://www.solistour.com/horario-autobuses.php arrives 9:15

And a bus from Merida to Malaga at 9:40 am arrives Puerto de Malaga 18:05

https://www.alsa.es/checkout?p_auth=UdXTYX3P&p_p_id=PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&_PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet_javax.portlet.action=changeDateSearchJourneysAction&_PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet_departureDate=21/07/2017&_PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet_journeyDirection=OUTWARD&_PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet_tabUuid=73d308a0-ed5f-4c9d-8826-3993fb7cab1b

There are also trains from Merida to Malaga via Puertollano but the RENFE website is being its usual helpful self so I can't get an accurate timetable you would have to walk to the rail station to check and might miss the bus.

Happy planning

That was quick.Thanks very much

Hi Richard. What were the temperatures like for you? I'm intending to start the VDLP from seville on 24th August and know its going to be hot!

Hi Richard. What were the temperatures like for you? I'm intending to start the VDLP from seville on 24th August and know its going to be hot!

Hi Joe

Extremely hot.when i arrived in seville it was reading 44 degrees.trick is to start walking as early as possible.6am perhaps.really want to be done by 12 midday.very taxing with that heat and have to carry lots of water as alot of stretches wuthout shops.its definitely a challenge hence why i have only met 4 people doing it.i am only doing 2 more days.finish in merida and I will return in spring/autumn to complete

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info.I have the same game plan in mind. Early starts and carrying three to four litres of water on the longer stages. I have silver umbrella to provide some shade. I'm hoping the temperature will drop a few degrees by the time I start! how did your third day go to Almaden? Say it was tough!

Well done and enjoy your last couple of days.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info.I have the same game plan in mind. Early starts and carrying three to four litres of water on the longer stages. I have silver umbrella to provide some shade. I'm hoping the temperature will drop a few degrees by the time I start! how did your third day go to Almaden? Say it was tough!

Well done and enjoy your last couple of days.

Hi Joe

Yes was tough.Decided to do from seville to cistillblanco in 1 day so made the following day very tough.Long stretch with no shade really and super hot

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Richard,
That was a tough first day! Were all the albergues open when you got to your stage end? BTW what time did sun rise? Sorry for all the questions!

Anemone,
Not too sure about the towel. Maybe an over kill

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back