• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Aldi merino....

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello all fellow Australians who crave Aldi merino - it goes on sale tomorrow Saturday 7th July.
Ready set go!
Hello all fellow Australians who crave Aldi merino - it goes on sale tomorrow Saturday 7th July.
Ready set go!
Yes, I'll be there, in my opinion, the T shirts are more robust than Icebreaker at more than a third of the price

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For all fellow Brits who need cheering up: in Aldi from tomorrow
1530907466711.jpeg
a 1.5m diameter towel . . . . SO tempted to buy one and put it on the wall just to see the look on the faces of my daughters

Wow, if @gerardcarey care gets wind of this sale at Aldi, he'll be camping out front all night long and when the door opens he'll be elbowing his way through every aisle, grabbing up all the Camino related gear before you can bat an eye. ;)

Last edited:
Is it possible for someone in the US to take advantage of this sale? Or is it only in stores outside the US?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I believe this post would have been better placed at the Equipment Forum, or the Australian Forum... But that said, thank you SO MUCH for the info! I'm running to Aldi right now! :D

I believe this post would have been better placed at the Equipment Forum, or the Australian Forum...

just to clarify - "fellow Brits" means fellow Englishmen, and presumably the sale is in the UK - a long way from Australia!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
just to clarify - "fellow Brits" means fellow Englishmen, and presumably the sale is in the UK - a long way from Australia!

The opening post of this topic was addressed at "fellow Australians" :) The comment about Great Britain came later. Anyway, great that more places had specials as well!

Ready set go!

Just got a long sleeve for myself and a T-shirt for my husband, awsome prices! :D

My spouse (at my request) bought me the zip up jacket and long sleeve t. Apparently it was a bun fight!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
My spouse (at my request) bought me the zip up jacket and long sleeve t. Apparently it was a bun fight!

Ganga, Do you know if there is a way to take advantage of this sale if you live in the USA?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Aldi in the UK have a similar special buy offering in Autumn with the added advantage that they sell on line as well as in-store. UK delivery only though.

@Lightened Up sorry, no. I am sure you have discount stores that sell similar products. The quality at Aldi is variable - I've had terrific merino t shirts that have lasted for years, and a merino motorcycle sweater that was my favourite camino warm layer, but I've also had a few duds that were too loosely woven and went into holes very quickly.

My review of this lot is that the merino is not the finest soft long fibre, and therefore a bit scratchy. But the jacket (which has a bit of polyester added) is exceptionally well finished and I think will be ideal for a top warm layer over something softer against the skin. It will replace the motorcycle sweater which really is on its last legs.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back