A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Alergy

Camino(s) past & future
First camino beginning September 2018
I'm allergic to insect bites of any kind. A bite on my arm causes almost itchy red spots all over my body. After reading posts on bed bugs, I am scared of over nightingale at any of the Albergues. What alternative do I have to this problem while on Camino.

Camino(s) past & future
First camino beginning September 2018
Yes, I've red about the rise of bed bugs all over the world. I've never had them in my home so the thought of sleeping with thrm as companions???? I imagine them sucking on my skin while I sleep - if I can actually sleep with the bed bug thought in my head.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Another concrete suggestion, look at recent reviews of albergues. We do not stay at municipal albergues, but do stay at private ones. Most of them we book through booking.com. I read back at least two years to make sure there have been no bedbugsreported. This is, of course, no guarantee that there aren’t any in the place...but at least you know that.
Last year, I did not get bitten, but two pilgrims got bit on a bus I was on!
When I take public transport, I deet before getting on! And Ideet the outside of my bag before we travel on a plane, bus, shuttle or bus, especially at high season!You may want to consult with your physician. I bring an antihistamine which helps with the reaction and use betamethazone on the bites. But again, if you have severe allergies seek medical assistance!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
If you follow the sensible advice on this forum and take the appropriate precautions your chances of an encounter will be considerably reduced.

You might do better to start imagining walking into Santiago at the completion of a joyous camino. You'll probably sleep better ;)
Hedwig speaks.

You always manage to produce a nugget of wisdom.

Lippe

Camino(s) past & future
25xFrances 1 Aragones e 1 PortuguesBy 2000 until 2018! Now San Salvador 2018 and Primitivo 2018!
[QUOTE = "Travelite, post: 655663, member: 82399"] Sou alérgico a picadas de insetos de qualquer tipo. Uma mordida no meu braço provoca manchas vermelhas quase com coceira em todo o meu corpo. Depois de ler posts sobre percevejos, tenho medo de rouxinol em qualquer um dos Albergues. Que alternativa eu tenho para este problema enquanto estiver no Camino. [/ QUOTE]

Lippe

Camino(s) past & future
25xFrances 1 Aragones e 1 PortuguesBy 2000 until 2018! Now San Salvador 2018 and Primitivo 2018!
You will surely find bedbugs ... Carry anti allergic! I have all time Polaramine!

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%