• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alergy

Travelite

Time of past OR future Camino
First camino beginning September 2018
I'm allergic to insect bites of any kind. A bite on my arm causes almost itchy red spots all over my body. After reading posts on bed bugs, I am scared of over nightingale at any of the Albergues. What alternative do I have to this problem while on Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, I've red about the rise of bed bugs all over the world. I've never had them in my home so the thought of sleeping with thrm as companions???? I imagine them sucking on my skin while I sleep - if I can actually sleep with the bed bug thought in my head.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you follow the sensible advice on this forum and take the appropriate precautions your chances of an encounter will be considerably reduced.

You might do better to start imagining walking into Santiago at the completion of a joyous camino. You'll probably sleep better ;)

Another concrete suggestion, look at recent reviews of albergues. We do not stay at municipal albergues, but do stay at private ones. Most of them we book through booking.com. I read back at least two years to make sure there have been no bedbugsreported. This is, of course, no guarantee that there aren’t any in the place...but at least you know that.
Last year, I did not get bitten, but two pilgrims got bit on a bus I was on!
When I take public transport, I deet before getting on! And Ideet the outside of my bag before we travel on a plane, bus, shuttle or bus, especially at high season!You may want to consult with your physician. I bring an antihistamine which helps with the reaction and use betamethazone on the bites. But again, if you have severe allergies seek medical assistance!

Last edited:
If you follow the sensible advice on this forum and take the appropriate precautions your chances of an encounter will be considerably reduced.

You might do better to start imagining walking into Santiago at the completion of a joyous camino. You'll probably sleep better ;)

Hedwig speaks.

You always manage to produce a nugget of wisdom.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
[QUOTE = "Travelite, post: 655663, member: 82399"] Sou alérgico a picadas de insetos de qualquer tipo. Uma mordida no meu braço provoca manchas vermelhas quase com coceira em todo o meu corpo. Depois de ler posts sobre percevejos, tenho medo de rouxinol em qualquer um dos Albergues. Que alternativa eu tenho para este problema enquanto estiver no Camino. [/ QUOTE]

You will surely find bedbugs ... Carry anti allergic! I have all time Polaramine!

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back