• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alicante to Santiago?

I've almost reached Santiago (from Granada) and I'm nowhere near ready to stop walking!

I met a French guy in Zamora who was walking a route to Alicante from Santiago (via Toledo). I have to return to Granada briefly to tie up loose ends. From there, I'm really interested in exploring the Alicante to Santiago route. Anyone know anything? Seems to be a different route to the Valencia route. I've also spent time hiking in the mountains just inland from Alicante and have seen very basic refugios about (I've seen them all over Spain, so that probably means nothing).

My (very vague) plan is to head to Mallorca from Granada before getting the ferry to Alicante and starting another very long walk for charity. All clues gratefully received.

Thanks.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I was going to recommend another web page but the one that Sil says is perfect.

I'm in touch with the author of the information that you can read in this page. So, if any doubt, don't worry, ask whatever you need and I will try to send you answers as early as possible. And, after your first walking day, in Novelda, you will meet ... the author of this information, because he is the hospitalero in this albergue. Except in august, when he takes his holidays.

There's good albergues in this route, like the one in Novelda, or in Noves (Toledo) (I know it) or the one near Avila, opened a few months ago.

Have a good Camino, and, I must say it, ask what you need, don't forget it's very difficult to find any information in other different places than the pages from Alicante, Avila or Galicia Associacion.

Hope this information is useful for you.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks for the very useful replies. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions. The fact that I did absolutely no research for the trek from Granada to Santiago made a bit more of an adventure, but over the plains in January and February is a very different prospect to Andalucia and Extremadura in the autumn. I need to be far more seriously prepared.

Not exactly sure of my start date yet. I need to find more sponsorship and get my act together on the publicity front. Trek One was just a trial run!

Finally, I'm off again.

Expecting the first half of this route to be very different. My journey from Granada has already proved to be a very 'interesting' one! I start my pilgrimage with just €10 in my pocket an NO boots :cry: But, I'm hopeful that I can pick up a few commissions to paint in Alicante to get me started. This route is going to be far more expensive than Granada to Santiago.

Anyone know where I collect my credential in Alicante?

There is a request for a credencial form on the website - but it you don't have time to wait for that, you could contact them by telephone or email them (seems that their office is only open from June to September).

ASOCIACIÓN DE AMIGOS DEL CAMINO DE SANTIAGO EN ALICANTE
Centro de Asociaciones y Voluntariado de Alicante.

C/ Serrano, 5 Bajo
03003 Alicante
Apdo. de correos 268 - C.P. 03080

HORARIO DE ATENCIÓN AL PEREGRINO

VERANO (junio, julio, agosto, septiembre).
Martes y miércoles de 17 h. a 19 h.
Viernes de 12 h. a 14 h.

RESTO DEL AÑO.
Martes de 17 h. a 19 h.
Viernes de 12 h. a 14 h.
peregrinos@encaminodesdealicante.org

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the reply. I already have the website and email address. I'm also hoping that I get to meet the guy who writes and maintains the info on that site at my first stop. I was hoping I could just pick up a credential from the ayuntimento, or somewhere as I did in Salamanca. Wasn't really bothered about collecting stamps on my first trek, but this time I want something to auction for charity on ebay at the end of the year.

Still haven't a clue which albergues eill be open, or not. I'll send an email and see if I can meet up with someone from the site you mention.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back