• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

aliens and others

vicrev

Hi all....Just been reading about unusual sightings on the Camino,Shirley Maclaine possibly the most notable.Have any Camino veteran Forum members had unusual sightings (for want of a better word)along or above the Camino ? Inebriated sightings don't count !! :lol: ......Vicr

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
No. Shrieley McLaine's book is regarded by many on this forum as not being the worth the paper its printed on.

I would treat any replies to this question as a potential wind up. :lol:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
vicrev said:
...unusual sightings on the Camino,Shirley Maclaine possibly the most notable.
She must have had halucinations. With her 79th birthday coming up this month, and a reputation that she has the actor's habit of total amnesia concerning scenes she's not central to, she might have been taken for a ride by Santiago who is the central figure on the Camino. :wink:

No, just enjoy the beautiful sky at night. The only aliens are ourselves. Buen Camino!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Actually, I won't laugh at your question, although I think Shirley MacLaine WISHES she'd see a ship in the clouds.

The reason I won't laugh is because I and a friend saw a HUGE space ship up close many years ago. It was no higher than 30 feet above our heads and took up the entire sky above us.

The ship moved very slowly over us, as though it were watching us. It took about 15 minutes to pass. We both craned our necks looking up in wonder.We were in a hot tub late at night in the desert. We were NOT doing drugs or drinking. The event made such an impression that we were totally silent after it disappeared over a 1 story building nearby. We got out of the tubs, dressed, and walked home in silence. We've only spoken of it a few times.

If I had been alone, I would always wonder if I imagined it.
But there were two of us and we both saw the same thing.

Whether it was "ours" or not, I have no idea.
But I know what I saw.. UP CLOSE.
It was a ship... a HUGE triangular black metal-looking ship with portals and lights.
It was absolutely silent.
If I had not looked up, I would have never known it was there.

What was most interesting is that I keep wanting to see it AGAIN!
And when I mention it, he shushes me!
I was entranced.
He was frightened.
Both of us were amazed!

One interesting side note. It was shortly after this that I became violently ill with the MCS. During the course of my doctor's visits and investigations, I had hair-analysis done and there was an overabundance of uranium in my hair. I guess that could have been due to the desert proximity. But I've often wondered if this close encounter had anything to do with my immune system dysfunction.

So.. when hiking at night, I keep my eyes open.
And I don't think your question is silly at all! :shock:

Gosh! This should definitely be posted on the 'What's the strangest thing that's happened...' thread. It beats me being shot, and various other twists of fate. :shock: Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Annie, this is a serious question. Would ingestting uranium cause a powerful hallucination?

I heard the audible voice of God at Roncesvalles at the end of my 1998 Camino which is why I try not to be rude about other people's experiences which are outside of our current understanding of the universe.

I'm afraid I have to make an exception about Shirley McLain.

I don't know where I would have ingested uranium... plus there were two of us and he never got sick.
I agree about Shirley MacLaine.. and hearing God.. well.. that's COOL!

Anniesantiago said:
I don't know where I would have ingested uranium... plus there were two of us and he never got sick. I agree about Shirley MacLaine.. and hearing God.. well.. that's COOL!
A few days ago Maduro (of Venezuela) insisted that he had seen a little bird, impersonating Hugo Chavez. The country doesn't have much of uranium, but a lot of petroleum. Be careful when watching skies from deserted places, with or without uranium. :roll:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is there really anyone of intelligence who thinks we earthlings are alone in this huge Universe and all the millions of Universes that exist?

Nawwwww.... really??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Years ago, there were those who believed the earth was flat, and you'd fall off if you walked too far. I put people who think we're the only ones in that last group, myself.

Remember the old Twilight Zone episode with the benevolent aliens who carried a book called "To Serve Man"?

Turned out it was a cookbook.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Crikey Annie,I've been walking for years looking for the edge of the world,All for nothing !!!! :cry: ......Shirley's book isn't such a bad read,except when she drones on...and on......and on..... :roll: ....Cheers Vicr

Its all a matter of perception, each of us see's it our own unique way. Our experience is just that, its our experience. If there was one thing i learned on the Camino if was allowing other Pilgrims to be just as they are.. It certainly lessons the load when you release the need to Judge others. Let them be no matter how different their ways, ideas, views might seem... As it has been said each to their own.. Buen Camino :arrow:

Annie, I do not believe we are alone or that aliens are in any way is a contradiction of my faith.

I have yet to believe that we have proof that the light barrier can be broken.

However on the basis of Occum's Razor I could not flatly disbelieve you. I would simply like to rule out all possibilities.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Believe what you want, but act on evidence?

Well.. last time I checked, many people on this forum believe in a man whose father was a god and whose mother was a virgin, who walked on water, who made the blind see and the lame walk, and who rose from the dead.

And last time I checked, there was no scientific proof for any of this... but people still believed.

So I don't feel so bad believing in what I've actually seen with my eyes. :roll: :oops: :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back