• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

All about dogs

Melchor gomez

Time of past OR future Camino
si (2018)
Today I'm going to do this thread because many have not tradao about this animal that is the best friend of men dogs are very smart dogs To start, a new study claims that dogs reject those who are ruines with their masters.

It is likely that dog owners are not surprised to learn that more and more research suggests that man's best friend tends to behave more like a human than a dog.

Studies have shown that dogs interpret facial expressions, express jealousy, show empathy and even watch television. And according to experts, they have learned these human behaviors over the 11,000 to 16,000 years of their evolution from wolves to domesticated pets

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Not to mention being able to understand from 25 to 50 words - mine mine are especially good with words like food, breakfast, walk, beach, bed, and the list goes on ....

I don't think many dog owners would be surprised at your comments.
We found that our Dog, our first, was uncanny in understanding our emotions.

If I came home tired from a long day at work and sat down, he would put his head in my lap and just look at me as if to say "It's OK, I'm here for you" And I'd immediately start to de-stress....

If I came home with a bit more energy he'd start looking at his lead "shall we go for a walk?" :)

It's amazing the bond they form..............

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Interesting dna research has recently come out on domesticated dogs in Europe that shows that they were brought in by the western movement of farming tribes and are not descended from European wolves at all, which suggests that they were domesticated (in early eastern lands) as stock and farm protectors rather than what we thought, which was hunting aides - surprised me.

I love dogs - if only humans were as nice as dogs think we are!

I don't think many dog owners would be surprised at your comments.
We found that our Dog, our first, was uncanny in understanding our emotions.

If I came home tired from a long day at work and sat down, he would put his head in my lap and just look at me as if to say "It's OK, I'm here for you" And I'd immediately start to de-stress....

If I came home with a bit more energy he'd start looking at his lead "shall we go for a walk?" :)

It's amazing the bond they form..............
I agree. I had a beautiful little Kelpie/cross when I was growing up. Life in our family home was always fraught with Anger, upset and drama and I found that my little dog would always be the calming influence for me..,.he really did understand what was going on when it was safer for me to get out of the way and would always be there to comfort and talk to me when I needed him. Such special bonds.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Does anyone out there have any stories to share about bringing their dog on a Camino walk? I'd love to hear some stories. I seem to recall some posts earlier this year from a dog getting ready to walk with his human...

Does anyone out there have any stories to share about bringing their dog on a Camino walk? I'd love to hear some stories. I seem to recall some posts earlier this year from a dog getting ready to walk with his human...

Becky.... there are strong opinions on this. You might want to check out some of the previous threads on the topic.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.