Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Allergic reactions to bed bugs

Marbe2

Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
I carry reactine/citerizine for my own allergic reactions (which are awful).
I daily take a half dose of another second generation antihistamine, loratadine,
on caminos (excepting winter). It really helps me when I do get bitten…..as well as dealing with other environmental triggers.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
F

Former member 91017

I daily take a half dose of another second generation antihistamine, loratadine,
on caminos (excepting winter). It really helps me when I do get bitten…..as well as dealing with other environmental triggers.
I will ask my immunologist about this. Is there a benefit over the citirazine?

Marbe2

Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Ooooh. Claratin. NM. I can’t use it. Just doesn’t work for me…
Yes it works slower, initially, but with a steady level, it does seem to keep the Initial reaction to a minimum for me..with less side effects. After a bite, I go to a full dose 10mgs. for two days, then cut back down to 5mgs. Loradatine, the generic form is less expensive than Claratin.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all - I injured my leg in mid June along the Camino Frances. I went to the hospital in Lugo and was seen in the ER. They xrayed my leg (not broken), checked for an infection (thankfully no) and...
I'm planning (yes, this far in advance!) for a 2024 trip, Camino Frances, starting in SJDPD. I'm pretty overweight (6'1, 265lbs; 185cm, 120 kg). I began at 285lbs. I'm also youngish (30) and in...
I walked the Portuguese route (Tui-SDC) in 2019. I had planned to do the Sarria route but then Covid happened. I was thinking of maybe doing the Camino this year or maybe in 2023 but then in May I...