• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Almeria - Granada - Cordoba

Peregrino4Life

hello. heres some pictures from almeria - granada.
i actually started in cabo de gata nature park, which is just a short bus ride from almeria. walked 3days on the GR92 from los escullos to almeria. theres a good albergue called camping/albergue tau in san jose, which would allow the coast to be explored for 2 days, before reaching almeria. it is well worth the detoure. theres also the GR140 trail that passes through the tabernas desert and connects to the mozarabe in Rioja.
the way seems to be newly marked on the strecth from almeria to granada. kevins guide was helpful, although some of the towns were described as not having albergues. this is no longer the case as of april 2016. i had no trouble finding albergues at the end of every stage.
there were 4 other peregrinos i met. maybe the route is gaining more popularity due to the growing number of pilgrims on the other caminos. im going to now continue from granada to cordoba. i will take some notes on albergues and trails, and will then update here.
here is my facebook gallery from the trip.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...258.1073741854.1635004887&type=1&l=f04acf7ad1

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
hello. heres some pictures from almeria - granada.
i actually started in cabo de gata nature park, which is just a short bus ride from almeria. walked 3days on the GR92 from los escullos to almeria. theres a good albergue called camping/albergue tau in san jose, which would allow the coast to be explored for 2 days, before reaching almeria. it is well worth the detoure. theres also the GR140 trail that passes through the tabernas desert and connects to the mozarabe in Rioja.
the way seems to be newly marked on the strecth from almeria to granada. kevins guide was helpful, although some of the towns were described as not having albergues. this is no longer the case as of april 2016. i had no trouble finding albergues at the end of every stage.
there were 4 other peregrinos i met. maybe the route is gaining more popularity due to the growing number of pilgrims on the other caminos. im going to now continue from granada to cordoba. i will take some notes on albergues and trails, and will then update here.
here is my facebook gallery from the trip.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...258.1073741854.1635004887&type=1&l=f04acf7ad1
Wow, those are beautiful pictures. The three day GR92 looks like a real gem. Though I am leaving for my Ruta del Ebro in a few days, your pictures are making me drool. Next year, I hope to start from Almeria. What were the temperatures like? Buen camino, peregrino, Laurie

Wow, those are beautiful pictures. The three day GR92 looks like a real gem. Though I am leaving for my Ruta del Ebro in a few days, your pictures are making me drool. Next year, I hope to start from Almeria. What were the temperatures like? Buen camino, peregrino, Laurie
thanks. buen camino to you! temperatures were 20-30 celcius in beach and "desert", and getting colder up in the sierra nevadas with some rain aswell. weathers kindoff weird atm in spain. rainy. cant wait for it to be 45+ again :D this camino is the most beautiful ive walked, it has something from all the other caminos-- mountains from del norte, coast of the portugues and the aridness of the via all rolled in one.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wow 4 peregrinos! I only met between Almeria and Granada a Swiss couple near La Calahorra walking the GR7. They were walking in the opposite direction.

Just finished walking the vdlp. I walked for a while with a man who had started walking at the end of February in Almeria. He said he met 5 people between Almeria and Merida. He loved the route though - said it was gorgeous. The photos here confirm that!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Currently on the Mazarabe from Almeria at Quentar having a rest day after a very hard 28 or 31 ks yesterday. Heat has been a problem three of our eight days of walking so far. Have to start by 6 am. The official guide is not that much use. Be sure to get Kevin O Briens guide. Carry plenty of water each day if it is hot. And yes we have seen no other peregrinos so far so it is definitely the road less travelled.

From La Peza to Quentar defenitively was the hardest day between Almeria and Granada. The next stage is much shorter, less climbing and a splendid arrival in Granada. With some luck the bar in Dudar will be open tomorrow. Buon camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
From La Peza to Quentar defenitively was the hardest day between Almeria and Granada. The next stage is much shorter, less climbing and a splendid arrival in Granada. With some luck the bar in Dudar will be open tomorrow. Buon camino.
Yes - this was the day where, out of the whole walk we started to worry. Running out of water, long ascents and descents and very rough path going down. The walk through the old talc quarry was an adventure in itself. Quentar hostal was so welcome after that day. I think all up it took about 10 11 hours and the only people we saw were two shepherds and of course a hole heap of sheep.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back