• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Almost go time/vlogging

Michelle Coleman

Time of past OR future Camino
2017, 2019, 2022
Frances, Portuguese, VF
It has been 3 years since we've (my husband, Brian, and I) been in Europe. I am so excited to start our walk from Laussane to Rome on the VF. We look forward to connecting with other pilgrims along the way. You can follow along on our YouTube channel at youtube.com/cruisinwiththecolemans and short blogs with the gritty details at cruisinwiththecolemans.com.
This will be our 3rd pilgrimage. Pilgrimage has changed everything about who we are and how we live. I can't wait to see what we learn about ourselves on the Via Francigena.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome to the forum!

Both of you must be very excited as you soon will be walking towards Rome.
As you make your final plans do check out what others have posted here over the years re the Via Francigena.

May you have a wonder-filled journey.

Welcome to the forum!

Both of you must be very excited as you soon will be walking towards Rome.
Do check out what others have posted over the years re the Via Franci

May you have a wonder-filled journey.
Thank you. I am deep in reading the threads. I have looked for this forum several times but didn't find it until a post was cross-posted on Facebook. I am thankful we found it before we leave! Ivar forums are the best!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Will subscibe with interest. We are hoping to walk Lausanne to Rome August 2023. Looking forward to following you along the way.
Thank you! We are excited to just be walking again. It has been too long. ❤️ Let us know how we can help you prepare while we are on our journey.

Oh, I will follow along as well! I am waffling between VF from Lausanne vs some combo of revisiting the Frances (walked it in 2013) + Salvador + Invierno. I had originally planned to take the VF but I'm also not sure this is my year to walk without much pilgrimy company! I'll be curious to see how well-travelled the route is when you go.

Have a great walk!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Oh, I will follow along as well! I am waffling between VF from Lausanne vs some combo of revisiting the Frances (walked it in 2013) + Salvador + Invierno. I had originally planned to take the VF but I'm also not sure this is my year to walk without much pilgrimy company! I'll be curious to see how well-travelled the route is when you go.

Have a great walk!
You and I are curious about the same thing! 😆 We didn't have much pilgrimy company on the Portuguese route so I am mentally prepared for not too many people but... I wish pilgrims would do more than just the Frances route so we could all have a feeling of walking together on various routes. But alas, Italy is calling and we are answering the call! 🥳

You and I are curious about the same thing! 😆 We didn't have much pilgrimy company on the Portuguese route so I am mentally prepared for not too many people but... I wish pilgrims would do more than just the Frances route so we could all have a feeling of walking together on various routes. But alas, Italy is calling and we are answering the call! 🥳
When Italia calls, you answer!!!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back